360Q Price

Taniith

We've received several grants/donations of late that have bolstered our lighting inventory, so we're planning to donate our old Altman 360Qs to a local school that can really use them (and has little money). Our grant writing volunteer has asked me to put a price on them, because it helps our "community story" section in grant requests to note that we're helping out other organizations.

So, what's a reasonable number to put on an old 360Q these days? The paint is beat up, the shutters are finicky, the stage-pin connectors are old, but they're solid and put out a beam of light like they should. $25/ea? $50?

If I understand the question, I would go higher like 75 to 100. No one will know what they are worth. What’s the downside of inflating the number?

We've received several grants/donations of late that have bolstered our lighting inventory, so we're planning to donate our old Altman 360Qs to a local school that can really use them (and has little money). Our grant writing volunteer has asked me to put a price on them, because it helps our "community story" section in grant requests to note that we're helping out other organizations.

So, what's a reasonable number to put on an old 360Q these days? The paint is beat up, the shutters are finicky, the stage-pin connectors are old, but they're solid and put out a beam of light like they should. $25/ea? $50?
@Taniith 4-1/2 x 6-1/2, 6 x 9, 6 x 12, 6 x 16 or 6 x 22? I'd put a higher price on the 4-1/2 x 6-1/2 and the 6 x 22's if the sockets are good and the lenses aren't green. The 6 x 9's and 6 x 12's are FAR more common and readily available.
Toodleoo!
Ron

Usedlighting.com is selling them for $60 so that's something to go by.
@microstar in what focal lengths? I'm suggesting the 4-1/2 x 6 -1/2 / ~50 degree and the 6 x 22's are harder to come by than the more common 6 x 9's, 6 x 12's and 6 x 16's.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I believe it's about half 6 x 9 and half 4.5 x 6.5.

I did see the $60 ones on UsedLighting.com, but sometimes the non-UL-owned equipment prices aren't entirely logical (and ebay has some for cheaper, so who knows). @JChenault makes a fair point though. It's not like we're submitting the number to the IRS as a tax write-off. I think I'll go with something like $75. Or maybe $75 for the 6 x 9 and $100 for the 4.5 x 6.5?

Thanks all!

From the condition you describe I'd say free. Generates a lot of good will.

I stand by a price of $90.00.
This with a caviot of serviceability. In the past a 360Q will have been higher or sold for this price. It's a good fixture but will need work and require it. But in value once restored - it can be a best nest to S-4 Leko in modern. Not like a L&E Leko can be similar in value for othe than it's lenses so as to convert to Altman something else. I stand by a $90.00 value of the Altman 360Q - though longer length lenses are less valuable - balanced out with a pineapple lamp housing that can do more useful short range stuff.

I give way in $0.00, if fixtures are not in serviceable or repretuable condition. And indeed I consider providing fixtures to others that are less able to repair them a non-starter, any fixture I have and will put out the door is at least up to my specifications. My responsibility.

I would say that ebay "solds" is your best guide. Search for Altman 360 and click on the Sold items box. Looks like they're going anywhere from about $30 - $75 plus shipping. I have more than a few 4.5 mini zooms from Altman and some 1K lekos that I'd give away cheap too. In NJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back