6-Pin DMX In?

What have you used the other 2 pins for?
There is no official use for pins 4 and 5, although many of us have gotten creative. I have seen it used as a second universe, a com line, and a custom controller line. None of these uses fit the DMX protocol and it is good to remember that often DMX components do not pass pins 4 and 5 through. Still, put some extra pins and wires on something and many of us will find a use ;)

Careful with this. If you've only got one RFU port it should work. If you've got multiple ports around your venue that all branch from the console, that's a no-no for DMX. The (Strand) RFU protocol was tolerant of this, but DMX isn't.

Good call. ETC RFU wiring requires everything to be in a daisy chain, so this should usually be safe. Still, it is always a good idea to make sure you know exactly what you're dealing with before sticking your plug in it.

Good call. ETC RFU wiring requires everything to be in a daisy chain, so this should usually be safe. Still, it is always a good idea to make sure you know exactly what you're dealing with before sticking your plug in it.
@Malabaristo "It is always a good idea to make sure you know exactly what you're dealing with before sticking your plug in it."
I had a girl like that once.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard. (I sense a deletion in my future.) What do you think @GreyWyvern?

@Malabaristo "It is always a good idea to make sure you know exactly what you're dealing with before sticking your plug in it."
I had a girl like that once.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard. (I sense a deletion in my future.) What do you think @GreyWyvern?
Every once in a while it's good to make sure the mods are paying attention!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back