9 To 5 - Paper Spitting Xerox

Working on a production of 9 to 5 currently, trying to find a solution to the Xerox machine bit. We’d like to automate it as cheaply as possible to reliably spit out paper, rather than have a crew member inside the machine throwing out sheets of paper.

Has anyone ever made anything similar to this? I’ve looked at this cash cannon and money guns, little hand held units that spit out dollar bills, and it would be great to just up-size that.

Thanks!

I made this for Ordinary Days. We hung two of them from the grid. Don't know how you're creating the 9200 copier (ex-Xerox person here), but paper coming from the 20 bin sorter will be a challenge to be sure. Good luck!

I have not had the opportunity to make one yet, but I know that some people mount an RC car upside down and set the ream of paper on top of the wheels and run the car. It seems like a great solution.

Yep, I agree with above, the RC car is the way to go. I did it for the Irish Amateur Premiere of 9to5 in 2016.

I didn't put the car upside down though - and we sanded the wheels to rough them up and allow for a better bite on the paper.
The front of the car was cable tied to the copier. The back wheels of the car sat on top of the block of paper. When you put the car in drive, the paper spits out.

We used a continues stack of 1-ply fax paper initially but then changed to single sheets of A4 for the run because it scattered better and the production team preferred it.

Getting an RC car with decent Speed Control is key. Because there's so many variables to the effect, its handy to be able to vary the speed to achieve maximum effect.

Yep, I agree with above, the RC car is the way to go. I did it for the Irish Amateur Premiere of 9to5 in 2016.

I didn't put the car upside down though - and we sanded the wheels to rough them up and allow for a better bite on the paper.
The front of the car was cable tied to the copier. The back wheels of the car sat on top of the block of paper. When you put the car in drive, the paper spits out.

We used a continues stack of 1-ply fax paper initially but then changed to single sheets of A4 for the run because it scattered better and the production team preferred it.

Getting an RC car with decent Speed Control is key. Because there's so many variables to the effect, its handy to be able to vary the speed to achieve maximum effect.

I did the upside down RC car too. As for the machine itself, we reached out to a copy machine repair company and they just gave us a broken one that we could gut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back