A big welcome to our newest member!!!!!!!!

-Back

Yes, I do forgive you. Lol. :) Actually, I must disagree, Ours are Dying faster than the dinasaurs (if that's how you spell it)! We already have to ship at least two off to christie lights, Vancouver, and possibly a third. We named them all mathew, mark, luke, and Jhon. Mathew has a gate problem, Mark we don't know what the heck is going on wih it, and I think it is either luke or Jhon that keeps going muti-colored, origionally pink, then pink and green, then pink and green and red, then pink and green and red and purple, then it started randomly changing colours throughout a looped program. Producer said the main problem with mathew was it's gate, although when we took Mathew down on "nick", (the lift Producer named "nick" because it kept nicking the sanctuary peus when it went down the isles) it looked perfectly fine, and mark just won't respond at all, although when we put them through their self test they ALL worked fine. We don't know if it could be the controller that needs the O/S reinstalled or what. Like producer said, if anyone knows or has any suggestions on how to fix them, Please let us know. And remember, we are always looking for some good sites which sell inteligent lighting for very reasonable prices just to give us a glimmer of hope for the next 5-10 years or so.

Welcome aboard 12yearoldlightingdesigner... Hope you enjoy this site, ask questions, answer questions, and contribute often.

-wolf

Mathew has a gate problem, Mark we don't know what the heck is going on wih it, and I think it is either luke or Jhon that keeps going muti-colored, origionally pink, then pink and green, then pink and green and red, then pink and green and red and purple, then it started randomly changing colours throughout a looped program.

What I noticed when i looked inside "Mattew" (now refered to as matt) was that the gate motor seemed to spin freely for about half a circle, the rest it was fine. It sounds like "Luke" or "John" has a colour wheel problem. My guess, same thing as the gate. but maybe there's someone else who's run into this problem? any hints? I'll be moving this topic to a better place on the forum. Location and name TBA

i had some similar problem with some mac600's once... i had four running off one of our very much loved strand desks haha (you all know my opinion of strands) and one would just piss fart around on its own with no lamp, and the other would just scroll through colours and stuff, but they worked fine when u ran cues or groups with them. dont really remember how i fixed it... was something minor, maybe a dodgy phased lead or something, not too sure but i thought id say it anyway.. dont relaly know why lol

I'm thinking that its the actual motors that neeed replacing. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT THOUGH. but unless anyone else can think of another reason why Matt, Mark, Luke, and John are "sick" we may have to.
12 yearold, relax. I or Gord will be doing this if anyone at all. Unless we send it to the shop. We will see about observers. (sorry everyone else)

i was just trying to think of a bible joke as to why they are sick, however i dont know much about the bible so im all out lol

12yearold, I will give you the same welcome speech I gave to a couple new cable monkeys a few weeks ago (note: they never did come back)........and keep in mind I work in the rock and roll world.....don't drink anything that you didn't pour, coil my cables right or you'll do it again, and never EVER drink the last coke in the cooler....of course that's assuming some damn musician (or actor in some of your cases) hasn't beat ya to it.

To answer your question about minimacs...check ebay. I know I saw some up for sale there a couple weeks ago. They were fairly close to new I beleive...but someone's bound to sell some cheap used ones.

And as for the shopkeeper and his son...I had to beat them to death with their own shoes....but that's another story altogether.

Thanks Mr. Sound! Will keep that ALL in mind! :D However, it may seem paranoid, but due to studies showing that coke can rust a nail to nothing in three days, I have always stayed away from it. I hate to break it to you, but I am also an actor, BUT TECHING ALWAYS COMES FIRST! :D

To Producer: You never told me anything about the motors! I feel betrayed that you told the fourum before me! :( But on the other hand, thanks for seeing about observers! :)

12yearold, for your last post, PM's are best used.

AN ACTOR????????????!!!!!!!!!!! leper!! stay back. the forum has been contaminated! we need the decontamination unit STAT!!!!!!

Actnicians or techtors

Leper! Fie on thee to call a technician who also acts a leper.

I know very few people who appreciate my work more than the techtor ,or actnician. I spend hours on the focus and color scheme of my lighting design and THEY NOTICE. I add a chair rail and practical sconces to the set and THEY NOTICE.

Love 'em. Someone who not only gives my work meaning by inhabiting the worlds I create but also APPRECIATES the artistry I bring to the production.

Would that there were thousands like him.

Big Gorilla

:cry: Producer, I once again fell betrayed. A person can enjoy more than
one thing, and I enjoy both acting and teching. Being someone who I'm not, haveing fun, beingon stage. These things have intruged me since grade 2. But let me tell you this: the moment they fired up the MAC 250's at the Actors Studio, I not only rejoiced, finding myself staring on awe at the wonder of Martin, but also green with envy for the lighting designer responsible for them. And having said this: I can garuntee that before I buy a car one day, I will have intelligent lighting from Martin: whether it be minimacs, or Mac 2000's.

I hope you all realise that my comment was in fun. (you know the routine: make fun of actors because they cant see in the dark etc. ) Really the rest of you should be doing this to me too. *meekly* Yes I am an actor as well. BUT MOSTLY A TECHNICIAN.

children, please, you must realize if not for actors and musicians we would have no jobs!!!

and no one to make fun of... dont forget the saying...

An actor without techs is a naked person standing alone silent in the dark with nowhere to be and nothing to do but a tech without actors is someone with marketable skills

or something like that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back