Adapters

I know voltage and load balancing have nothing to do with each other. What i found gave me the voltage ratings and that the lower voltage connector just so happened to be made for unbalanced loads. My thought process was that since theres a ground and a neutral on one and only one on the other (didn't know which then now I do) theres less of an ability to handle unbalanced loads.

...Do the states not use 6 pin Wieland for motor cable?
I had to Google that, so the short answer is No. Fly cables are either 7pin Socapex, or two cables bundled together each using a different 4pin TwistLoc™ or TurnLoc™. VLPS at one time used "mustard and ketchup" colored CeeForm connectors. Recently I've seen two shows where the fly cables were only one TL4. Very annoying when one can't plug a pickle into the motor to float it.

Mustard and ketchup and pickles, now I'm hungry.:evil:

I had to Google that, so the short answer is No. Fly cables are either 7pin Socapex, or two cables bundled together each using a different 4pin TwistLoc™ or TurnLoc™. VLPS at one time used "mustard and ketchup" colored CeeForm connectors. Recently I've seen two shows where the fly cables were only one TL4. Very annoying when one can't plug a pickle into the motor to float it.
Mustard and ketchup and pickles, now I'm hungry.:evil:

Don't forget about the P-14 connector which is my personal preference as far motor cables go. Quicker to connect and disconnect than the socapex version and it is only one cable.

I don't think I know of the "P-14 connector". Link? Who uses it?

Nope, never seen it.

I have to question the practice of using a 14-pin connector and only wiring 7 pins. I do like the "Quik-Loc" feature though. I wish all Socapex-type were that way.

Nope, never seen it.
I have to question the practice of using a 14-pin connector and only wiring 7 pins. I do like the "Quik-Loc" feature though. I wish all Socapex-type were that way.

Not only is the connector only wired for 7 conductors it only has seven pins so a simple glance will not be able to tell you if all the pins are there because of all the empty spaces. The only other draw back to the connector is that the frame is kind of thin and when I was checking in cables one out of every 100 would need to be hit with a file to remove a bur to allow it to mate correctly. (so 1 out of 200 connectors not bad and all)

Looks like one of the products of the "Basic Electronics Lab" offered in the Music Production department where I went to school. They offered a weekly, one hour course in soldering and whatnot. The were soldering together whatever they could find just to practice and making some pretty sick adapters.

After a while it got really out of control and the crowning piece was a Cam-Lok to MIDI with taps for stereo headphones. I heard it was actually still on display until shortly before I transferred there.

What purpose do these two pictured adapters serve and what are their proper names?
The purpose they serve is purely educational. The first is an "A5M to L21-30C," and the second is an "L21-30P to A5F." No wires are terminated inside any connectors. Thank you all for your very imaginative responses.

Have a very foolish day! :lol:

Last edited:
:shock:

You....I'll get you for this...

The purpose they serve is purely educational. The first is an "A5M to L21-30R," and the second is an "L21-30P to A5F." No wires are terminated inside any connectors. Thank you all for your very imaginative responses.
Have a very foolish day! :lol:

AKA It was a trick question...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back