Design Alternatives to using AW LED's for front lighting

Church Solutions Group in Chicago redesigned my church's lighting package before I arrived at this location. They recommended that using AW LED's for the front stage lighting was the best option for obtaining video lighting. We have a 14 ft ceiling height, with a solid hanging bar within 6" of the ceiling only 8ft in front of the stage. These lights cause any performer to look washed out and is too cold of a light output. I am wanting to change the entire setup and remove all the LED's facing the stage with a full dimming system and source four par lighting. Is AW LED's used in for front lighting? What should I recommend to my leadership and pastor to resolve my current issue? Has anyone else had issues with Church Solutions Group that I should be aware of?

If the AW LEDs are too cold, dial the white down some and the amber up more, this should fix it. If its too washed out, lower the overall intensity of the lights, they don't have to be run at full.

Do you know what model lights are used in the FOH position?

If you are using these lights for Video, Is the camera setup correctly or is it just in Auto mode? Turn down the Iris or adjust the shutter speed so your performer is not blown out or over exposed.

If you have control over the LED's than follow Pie's advice and adjust the light levels.

There are quite a few television studio's making the switch to AW LED.

stsclaypaky,

Hey There - I'm Aaron Asay - one of the team members here at Church Solutions Group. I am sorry that you're having some difficulty getting great lighting for video. Prior to serving here with the team in Chicago, I was a TD at a church out in Central NE for the past five years.

I was not involved with your project, or design - but - I would love to help you find the right solution or get some additional suggestions for improvement. If we can help, please let us know - my number is 847-305-9866 - you may call me anytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back