Altman #366 Fixture notes.

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Radial lamp.

Normal mostly similar to a 360 fixture - interesting shutters and shutter plates of differing sizes.

A note though as different, if the gel frame clips are bent out of shape... they are aluminum and in bending them back to a size that could fit a gel frame, they could break. This even if they don’t completely break might be a safety issue.

At least for the gel clip version I worked on, I might consider a safety cable for even the gel frame. Them aluminum clips are not very safe. Otherwise good sound fixture for it’s period - some dry lube to the lens train,, and normal work to the shutters and iris so as to save them. Thick shutters of interesting design but very sustaining.

On this fixture (Thanks derek for the anniversary present - cool fixture), a few of the various knobs seem to been replaced. I hope the lamp cap knob isn’t original for instance so no notes on them..

Of note also, while this fixture has it’s original stickers and a bit of burned in masking tape on it... seems a bit more brown than normal. Was used based off the shutters and iris, the color just seems more off color than normal. Perhaps given gel clips a different era in paint application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back