Amps

blademaster

I dont know if anyones done this thread before but oh well. Is there any good place to get monitor amps in tucson, az or even online mor mail order, anything. i'm not really sure about what specs are needed.

AVGuyAndy

There's plenty of online mail-order places? What is the model of your monitors?

BillESC

The first thing to do is determine the spec's you'll need otherwise you'll either over buy or under buy.

Find out the RMS rating for the cabinet then select an amplifier with twice the wattage. It's a good place to start.

blademaster

what cabinet? We put ours in a little cubby to the left of our board below there is no cabinet or case of any sort just them scrwed into 2x4s

Mayhem

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
blademaster said:
what cabinet? We put ours in a little cubby to the left of our board below there is no cabinet or case of any sort just them scrwed into 2x4s
Cabinet is another term for a speaker box. Probably not as widely used today but still one of the terms for a speaker box.

propmonkey

i heard them called cabinets all the time and sometimes jsut cabs. i guess its a dying term

VipermanGTX

A dying Term..........hardly, i'm an 18 year old FOH engineer and i don't know what els to call a Speak cab, other then a CAB. "hey, dude, put this speak-on in that cab over there" i mean......... these terms thave been used since the dawning of the Sound board and are still used today. Who the hell is going to say, "Hey nince speaker enclosure!" no one. One simple word...CAB.

^that is by far the stupidest yet not so pointless Rant i have ever done.

Mayhem

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
I hear them called boxes, cabs, stacks, specific names (W's, horns, j-bins, traps etc), their actual role (sub, low, mid, mid/high etc) as well as their model numbers.

Guess it depends on where you were tought/work.