Control/Dimming Analog Slider Station

Les

So I bought a slider station, identical to the one pictured below, except in 8-channel format and on/off switch only (no take-control).

proxy.php

BH Photo-Video

[The picture is hard to view on my computer due to the new "horizontally-challenged" layout, so here's a small thumbnail in case you're having the same issue as me (I'm on a Netbook)]

proxy.php

It was insanely cheap, and never used. Only catch is, it's analog (even though it's still in production).

Any ideas about dimmers for this? I've seen a few "Analog/DMX" hybrid packs made for DJ's, plus a 6-channel rackmount by Behringer, but I'm not sure if I'd like to go that route. I've used the Behringer in a very small space with 12 65Q fresnels and it seems okay, aside from being noisy when run at lower levels. Also, it has 6 channels, so I'd either have to buy one with two unused channels on the board (not preferable), or buy two units and have two surplus dimmers in the pack -- maybe to be used for something else but I'm not sure how to implement that.

Or I could get an expensive protocol converter (do they work Analog --> DMX??). Any other ideas?

Also, how would you use this board? My ideas so far:

-Mount it to a backbox and use it to light model sets with my inkies
-Use it in a Home Theatre room
-Work light control panel
-Limited Control in a larger system

The last two options are the most intriguing to me, except that I don't know if I could get it to integrate with a DMX system. Especially one where it has to "take control" of select dimmers already under the command of a larger DMX console in the booth.

I don't have a space to implement this, I'm just trying to pool ideas in the event that I end up with one.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back