Anybody have any experiences purchasing mixers at ProAudioStar?

THORNSZ

are they reliable? coz i was looking around on their site finding some good deals and surprisingly i came into this Soundcraft Si Compact 32 and they're selling it for $3k...
i was really really surprised with the price since it usually cost around $7k+. I chatted one of their crew and confirmed the price. I dont know if its just me but it made me think a bit suspicious towards them.
Soundcraft Si Compact 32

I have not purchased a mixer from them, but I have purchased a cd player and the transaction was smooth.

The Soundcraft SI Compact is a discontinued model I believe? In which case I don't doubt they are trying to liquidate them.

but how is it compared to the expression 3? its better right?

I really dont have experience with either, but my understanding (which is hearsay at this point) is that the Expression is a repackaged Compact, at a lower price point. I don't know which features are different without going to the website and comparing them.

The "better" option is the one that satisfies your needs, desires, and budget.

As a consumer I love ProAudioStar as it's usually the cheapest price available for a new item. They're in Brooklyn and I've picked up something (a Nord Electro keyboard) when I needed it for a rental in 48 hours. As a dealer for several of the products that they sell, I hate them. They have a cheap and transparent way of getting around the MAP pricing that manufacturers set. That takes business away from those of us who play by the rules. I know that ProAudioStar has been investigated by several companies but they still do it. I have a feeling that they are just simply moving so much product that the manufacturers don't want to jeopardize that, so they just turn the other way. But again, if you're buying from them you'll most likely have a pleasant experience.

But again, if you're buying from them you'll most likely have a pleasant experience.

thats good to hear that! well, if the companies around who are threatened with them in how they do business... its their problem, not ProAudioStars. People looks us always wanted to choose the most efficient affordable product possible in the market!

well, if the companies around who are threatened with them in how they do business... its their problem, not ProAudioStars.

No, it's their problem because they're breaking the rules. Part of my terms in being a dealer for a company is that I do not advertise a price lower than what the Minimum Advertised Price is as set by the manufacturer. ProAudioStar is breaking the rules and getting away with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back