Control/Dimming Anyone collect old lighting equipment?

Lafalot

From a friend:

Attached you will find pictures of dimming gear I need to get rid of. I took it out of the Hoyt Sherman Place (a historical theater) that was renovated here in Des Moines, Iowa. It was in good working condition when I removed it. I need a good home for it or I will have to scrap it out.

Contact me if interested and I'll give you the guys info.
Don't know how long he'll hold onto it.

Attachments

• 3811 Dixon 001.jpg
    3811 Dixon 001.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 3811 Dixon 002.jpg
    3811 Dixon 002.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 3811 Dixon 003.jpg
    3811 Dixon 003.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 3811 Dixon 004.jpg
    3811 Dixon 004.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 3811 Dixon 005.jpg
    3811 Dixon 005.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 307
Contact SteveTerry he works for ETC and ETC is collecting old dimming equipment and consoles for the lighting museum they are starting up. They may be interested in an old lever system for their display.

Last edited:
Sorry Sony, Ellen is one of our more quiet ETC employee members. I'm assuming she's already checked with the guys down the hall on this topic.

I wish I had a place to store it or I would take it, but my wife would kill me.

Last edited:
Ah, didn't realize she worked for ETC, my bad!

Sorry Sony, Ellen is one of our more quiet ETC employee members. I'm assuming she's already checked with the guys down the hall on this topic.

I wish I had a place to store it or I would take it, but my wife would kill me.

Let alone move the thing....

I have seen some pretty cool interior design type stuff done with these type of units. I would at least throw it up on craigslist and see what happens. People like things like this.

I actually saw one of these (not this exact one, but something similar) in a haunted house over halloween. It was a control system in a mad scientist's lab, something along the lines of Defribing Frankenstine to life or whatnot. So people do buy this stuff for what it was never originally used for.

Contact SteveTerry he works for ETC and ETC is collecting old dimming equipment and consoles for the lighting museum they are starting up. They may be interested in an old lever system for their display.

I would guess that this Superior Electric Luxtrol system would be outside the ETC museum's capabilities, due to its size and the space requirements for its permanent installation.

But, thanks for thinking of us!

ST

I wish i had the space for that monster, We could use it in yeah some one mentioned it halloween haunted house next year. darn me and my lack of space areas

First, sorry I did't explain that I had checked with ETC already (being that I work here).

Second, the equipment has been claimed. A local Iowan band (SLIPKNOT) took it. Don't ask..I have no idea what a band is going to do with it.

Knowing SLIPKNOT they are going to turn it into a set piece for their concerts to make the stage look evil and creepy or put it in the background of one of their music video's for the same purpose. :)

Can't lie that's pretty sweet. Not saying that I am particularly a fan of slipknot...

Maybe they're strapped for cash and needed some dimmers?

No?

Ok.

Can't lie that's pretty sweet. Not saying that I am particularly a fan of slipknot...

Maybe they're strapped for cash and needed some dimmers?

No?

Ok.

Perhaps than you than volunteer to clean some of the pee off the light fixtures or cable A verses B of one of their I believed drummers pissed on durng the show in not likeing the style of the other in performance and missing the mark it would seem.

Gee, some stage hand or person back at the shop really wants to collect up gear you peed on cable or fixtures - that's really professional even if paying more for I would hope in having done so. Slipknot, could have done something really powerful for the Mars light but they didn't have budget for its concept or wish to do so for the last tour. Instead in peeing on lighting gear they probably insted of having done so during the show could have had such a thing had they been more professional in end result of paying for it. Someone don't like the opposing drummer... I'll just pee on them and all about. "Rock and roll man!" We are core hard rock in like Poision anyone remember years later their main most important song? Modern age hair band I would think.

Nothing connected to work, but I think barbarian poser hair band over quality band given if they pissing on each other and the gear of the tour but don't clean the gear they pissed on, and undercut the budget in going big for a cop gumball lighting project, just poser and hair band as it were.

This in no realation to the band or their past tour of course. (What I hear persay in who's going outside to pressure wash the cable and lights for the tour once it's back.) Years back for the Manson tour it was I believe warm Coke that best did away with the Manson blood from the bodies of lighting fixtures. A lot of work to get rid of it and years later still burned into fixtures.

Manson blood = fake blood, not road cases full of gear pissed on by a human not artistically pleased by the other drummer from what I hear, in some lowely shop staff person now has to clean.

Hmm, take your choice, say Ertha Kitt the night of the opening helping you tape down gaff on the stage, or a case of gear marked ass pissed on and do not touched. More professional? On the other hand who made more money? Barbarians in the wire....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back