Anyone heard of Rasha Professional?

hemismith

Someone local is selling some lights by a company called Rasha Professional. Their name didn't come up in any searches here so I assume they are just another sketchy importer, although they are at NAMM, they have multiple locations, and their products don't look like anything else I've seen. Does anyone have any experience with or know anything about them or their products?

Looks like they are just badged generic Chinese fixtures. I found 3 similar looking moving heads in a quick Alibaba search. One of their moving lights looks the same as some I bought from Aliexpress a few years back.

Oddly, they claim their fixtures have CSA/UL approval, and list the category, but it isn't consistent across fixtures. Some have UL, some have CSA. Nothing for Rasha Professional shows up on the UL or CSA online listing.

Oddly, they claim their fixtures have CSA/UL approval, and list the category, but it isn't consistent across fixtures. Some have UL, some have CSA. Nothing for Rasha Professional shows up on the UL or CSA online listing.

This doesn't necessarily mean they're not listed, since they would be under the manufacturer--not the importer. Of course, if you can't track down the actual manufacturer, then there's still no way to verify their claims.

Someone local is selling some lights by a company called Rasha Professional. Their name didn't come up in any searches here so I assume they are just another sketchy importer, although they are at NAMM, they have multiple locations, and their products don't look like anything else I've seen. Does anyone have any experience with or know anything about them or their products?

I have bought from them a few times via AliExpress. They have been there 7 years, so quite stable. Positive experience! But of coarse, one cannot for none of the firms know or expect if they have the right "UL-type" listings. I have opened different equipment/fixtures from them, and it looks ok. Just my 10 cents. I have no connection to them, and will not promote them either, just inform...

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/903320?spm=2114.10010108.0.0.3951096fNsNQzl

(I am an electronics, computer and mechanical engineer.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back