Anyone know how to run this board?

We have moved into a new venue, a church, that was given a lightboard, but no one knows how to use it. Our fairly knowledgeable tech guys have worked with it and can only get it to do very little. The manual is translated from german to english, not very well. :)

If you have any experience with this board and can advise, that would be great! Even a phone conference, or on line chat would be helpful.

Here is the info on the board

Behringer Eurolight LC2412
Pro 24 channel DMX Lighting Console

Thanks,

Anne

I've used one of those before... three years ago. I only worked with it sporadically for a couple months so I don't remember it at all.

Good luck. It's a pain. Possibly the most confusing piece of equipment ever. It takes a very, very long time to get used to it. There is a reason it is >$300.

If I remember correctly, the website has an updated instruction manual with a better translation. Here's the link directly to the pdf file, see if it's a better version.

I know it pretty well, it was a bad purchase but I do still use it for small portable shows. Message me if you need help.

We have moved into a new venue, a church, that was given a lightboard, but no one knows how to use it. Our fairly knowledgeable tech guys have worked with it and can only get it to do very little. The manual is translated from german to english, not very well. :)

If you have any experience with this board and can advise, that would be great! Even a phone conference, or on line chat would be helpful.

Here is the info on the board

Behringer Eurolight LC2412
Pro 24 channel DMX Lighting Console

Thanks,

Anne

I know it pretty well, it was a bad purchase but I do still use it for small portable shows. Message me if you need help.
Hi,

i have just purchased on of these boards and having difficultys setting it up.

i am trying to control Chavet Intimadators. I have set my fixtures to dmx 1 and 27. I am able to control the first one on all 5 channels, but i can't get the second one to respond.

I don't really understand the DMX patch section of the board.
has someone done this? or does somebody know how to do this?

thanks in advance
dixxy

Here you go:

Turn on power switch and let it boot up. The BANK window will have a "9", Press the UP Button and the window will flash a few times and change to "P".
press the UTILITY 2 button. press the SOFT A button under the word "patch" on the LCD screen. Press the "FLASH button" for the channel that you want to patch to. The channel will be indicated in the display at the top left as CHXX> with XX representing the channel number. Now turn the rotary encoder wheel, until the Dimmer number that you want to patch is displayed, below the channel number. It will be DXXXNU again with the Xs representing the dimmer number. The NU will indicate that it is Not Used. and if there is space to patch to that channel there will be the word CONN above the SOFT B button. Press the SOFT B button, and you have patched that dimmer to the selected channel. If the dimmer desired is already patched to another channel instead of the NU, there will be a USEXX after the dimmer number. To get control of that dimmer for repatching to another controller, you must press the FLASH button for the channel that it is currently patched. Once you do that there will be the word OPEN over the SOFT B button. Press the SOFT B button and the word will change to CONN, and then you can press the FLASH button of the new channel you want to patch to. If there is space to patch to that channel, the word CONN will remain above the SOFT B button. Press the SOFT B button, and you are patched.
When you have patched all of the dimmers that you want to the channels that you want, press the QUIT button and you are ready for programming. A couple of things to be aware of. You can only patch 3 DMX addresses to a channel. The three will be indicated to the right of the ChXX>. If there are already 3 dimmers asigned, you will have to unpatch one befoe you can proceed with patching a new dimmer assignment. If you want to patch to channels 13-24, you must press the UPPER button. There will be a Red LED in the button to indicate that your faders and flash keys now are for Channels 13-24. There is also a Channel 25 and 26. they are non-dim control. In one of the menus, you can select if you want them to be Toggle or momentary. Toggle means that you press once for ON and again for OFF. Momentary means that it is ON as long as you press the button. Channel 25 is SPECIAL 1 button and channel 26 is SPECIAL 2.

Once you have mastered this, then go hide in the closet and scream at yourself for purchasing the worst programming board in the world, be ready to jump thru hoops to learn how to record a scene that uses Channels in both the upper register and the lower register.

Tom Johnson
Florida's Most Honored Community Theatre

This is seriously the worst desk ever conceived, I suggest you sell it on ebay for whatever you can get and buy something like American DJ Scene-Setter 24-Ch DMX Controller, I sell lots of this style of board to small schools and churches, they are cheap, reliable and easy to use and will do most things you will ever need.I know how to work maybe 50 desks but have never been able to get my head around this awful unit.

We had one for about a month, it made so angry I sold it.
If you find someone that can read German you might have a shot at understanding the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back