Anyone want these?

jlusardi

Hey,
Anyone interested in these lighting fixtures? Clamps not included.
6874-anyone-want-these-img_0627.jpg
6875-anyone-want-these-img_0628.jpg

Cost: Free, but you would have to come get them.
Located in Mineola, NY.

PM me if you are interested in them.
-Jaclyn

Attachments

• IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 709
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 715
Last edited:
Under review for post, but mosty cyc lights are good at a home givem pipe space and fresh wiring, but otherwise the olde stuff for safey often questionable.

Last edited:
Does your teacher have permission to get rid of them? Do they have asset numbers on them anywhere? Things like this are often taken back by the district (assuming this is a public school) to see if any other schools want them. If nobody else wants them, the district then has it's own process to obsolete them. Now, they may not care what you do with your old theatre lights, but it's better to be sure than to get in trouble with administration later.

Sorry on my part, while I have worked on many strip lights over the years for donation in work and materials to theaters, I don't do strip light for my museum in taking these. Worked on to the extent of re-enameling circa at least 1928 reflectors in something one would think is easy enough but cannot believe how messy.

That said about the strips, not good photos about what type they are or description. No matter the type, an unfortunate industry type of thing - very unfortunate but probably better as per scrap steel for this age. One does not sell or give away what one wouldn't still use due to safety concerns for the end user. At least that's my concept that I would hope all hold to in electricating you or giving it to your brother to electricute. That or if given to your brother/sister assures you they are responsible enough that you are no longer liable for the gear given them at least. Overall, strip lights can be useful but are mostly obsolete even for museum presentation.

Given all of this, I would recommend storing them away. Really, put them away as is or restored if not currently useful. Got DMX channeled LED belt tape at this point and even believe I saw a ROBE mover LED with multi-color gobos in the image that was somewhat bright this past week. Possible that ten years from now someone might thank you for now throwing out the old strip light? This given some sort of lamp even DMX controlleld that might work with it in the furture - possible.

I would say that it's possible in the future this strip light will become useful again to your theater. Heck, even 100w A-19 frosted halogen lamps made a big difference to a few theaters I have worked on the cycs to. Put them away is my recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back