Apollo AC-RING Gobo Adaptor Rings

Hello,

I bought some of the AC-RING adaptors from Apollo to convert a few M-size stock gobos to fit into a B size ring. Haven't had the need to use them yet, but I did notice on the website it tells me that "Glue is not included." I havent taken a good inspection of the adaptor ring yet, but I initially assumed it just sandwiched the gobo, and would work without any need for adhesive.

My question is what type of adhesive (Glue) should I be using? It obviously needs to be able to handle high temperatures, and my brief search results for high temp "glue" find that JB Weld has the highest temp rating of 600deg F. The Source 4 750 has a gate temp of 768deg F... Anyone have any thoughts as to what glue/adhesive I should be using?

I'm sure Kelite (our resident Apollo rep) will be along shortly to let you know what you need. You could also call apollo and ask, I'm sure they would be more than happy to help answer your questions.

I'm sure Kelite (our resident Apollo rep) will be along shortly to let you know what you need. You could also call apollo and ask, I'm sure they would be more than happy to help answer your questions.

I was definitely hoping to reach him on here. I thought about calling Apollo, however I searched on this forum, did not see any answers and thought that others may search for the same thing. This place is a great tool, I like to add to the general pool of knowledge if I can!

Sorry- setting up a Twitter account for some personal things!

RTV silicone is a high temp adhesive available at any auto parts store. I'll add a link in just a minute-

Instead of those I would suggest permatex right stuff, it's basically the same stuff with a couple of bonuses. First it sets in under a minute, so no waiting an hour like you would for the ultra black to cure. The pressurized tube also make it a lot easier to control the application on to a surface. It's a little more expensive up front, but the time saved and ability to use the tube over and over again without having to worry so much about it drying out makes it cheaper in the long run.

Yes, another great PermaTex product!

Permatex Right Stuff One Minute Gasket Maker
Permatex® the Right Stuff® One Minute Gasket Maker◦Return equipment to service immediately and make leak-proof gaskets in just one minute
◦This latest elastomeric rubber gasket technology is blowout resistant and outperforms pre-cut gaskets.
◦Specified on production lines by GM, Ford, Chrysler and Mercedes-Benz. Temperature range -75°F to 450°F (-59°C to 232°C )continuous, 500°F (260°C) intermittent; resists ATF, coolant, oil and other shop fluids.

Permatex Right Stuff One Minute Gasket Maker | Product Details | Pep Boys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back