Control/Dimming Architectural dimmer stations

I'm looking to identify the brand/model of the architectural dimmers I've discovered in a new space i'm working in. Unfortunately, noone there knows how to program them, so I thought I'd throw it out here, either for just the identification of the manufacturer so I can go after them for a manual, or maybe programming instructions!

Please see attached pics!

Thanks for any help!

Brad

Attachments

• IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2073 copy.jpg
    IMG_2073 copy.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 282
I'm looking to identify the brand/model of the architectural dimmers I've discovered in a new space i'm working in. Unfortunately, noone there knows how to program them, so I thought I'd throw it out here, either for just the identification of the manufacturer so I can go after them for a manual, or maybe programming instructions!

Please see attached pics!

Thanks for any help!

Brad

Looks like Strand Outlook.

The other end will probably tell us more. Have you found the dimmer rack yet? Look in electrical/mechanical rooms, custodian's closets, and the like. A box possibly resembling this 377_med.jpg hung on the wall, might be blue, gray, black, or beige.

Those are definitely Strand Vision.Net, or SVN. Look for an RS232 panel backstage or near the rack. That will allow you to plug into a computer with the appropriate software to configure them. Not an easy task, but not impossible. Might also hookup over IP directly at the rack, depending on the model/options.

Call911 is correct, what you have is Strand Vision Net. I have attached a link below to the Vision Net manual and the Vision Net Designer software. To program those stations you will need a Windows computer running Vision Net Designer with either a dedicated serial port or a usb to serial adapter. You will also need a serial cable which you will plug into the RS232 station. Once you have download and installed Vision Net designer, let me know and I can walk thru how to program your system. Thanks

Vision Net - Support Documents | Strand Lighting - A Philips Group Brand

Thanks Matthew. Coincidentally, I was JUST at the Strand site getting all the info you suggest.

(Funny: all I wanted to do was modify two presets (mostly in terms of fade time). Fortunately nothing serious. :) )

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back