The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

assiging channels on Elation DMX Operator Pro

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Sylak, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Sylak

Sylak Member

I was wonering if anybody here had expiernce with an Elation DMX Operator Pro and if so, is there a way to change the number of channels allocated to a fixture? I've been looking throught the manual and can't seem to find anything on it. The manual says to seperate the fixtures by 16 channels, however the lights i need to use with them (American DJ Mighty Scan) can only DMX up to 16 according to the manual, causing me a problem unless i can find a more complete DMX Adressing guide then the one included in the manual.

2. BillESC

BillESC Well-Known Member Premium Member

The Operator Pro does indeed separate the fixture buttons in groups of 16 channels. The Mighty Scans use 6 DMX channels for operation, therefore you can have two assigned to each fixture button and still have individual control over each fixture.

Addressing would therefore be
    Fixture 1 - 1
    Fixture 2 - 7
    Fixture 3 - 17
    Fixture 4 - 23
    Fixture 5 - 33
    Fixture 6 - 39

However to make programming even simpler, separate your addressing on 8 channels which when working with the fixture 1 button your first Mighty Scan will be controlled by faders 1 thru 6 and the second fixture will be controlled by the same faders on Page 2.

3. Sylak

Sylak Member

So, with the fixtures separated by 8, as you suggest, how would i control the Pan/Tilt of the second fixture with the joystick? Would i assign the channels for the second set on the "Fine Tuning" channels and just toggle the joystick between fine and broad to switch between lights? Or is there a different way to separate them? Because, being the first person to set-up/program this light setup, I'll need to be able to explain what i did to our Drama Club advisor's so it can be used later (unlike half the technical equipment's that got stuck in the ceiling during a renovation a few years ago)

4. BillESC

BillESC Well-Known Member Premium Member

Personally I never use the joy stick as I find using the pan and tilt faders much easier so I don't have an answer to your question. Call Elation service for assistance.