Audience blinder, LED or Conv.?

Re: Stage Blinders

Speaking of unconventional blinders... On the tour I just did, one stop was the Hard Rock in Vegas. Blinders were a big part of my show and they didn't have any. My go to is to spin around at least 4 pars on the DS truss. The house LD had the idea to pull the barrels of the 4 US Source 4's. It actually worked really well, much better than Par 64's.

WHat is a popular brand for Conv blinders???

While they are intended for movie and location lighting, Molefays are very common. Of course as you've seen in this thread, you can use most anything depending on the look you're after. I've been known to use par 64's and swiveled-around cyc lights.

Ah, the college I attended was like that. If it didn't have those 3 letters on it then it was automatically inferior and the TD wouldn't allow it to be used in the building. It was sad seeing that room full of fixtures waste away since the university wouldn't let them get rid of them.

Wow, so much for preparing students for the real world.

Last edited:
At a gig I did just this last weekend I used Chroma Q Color Forces as an eye candy and audience blinder. With the RGBA and Theatrical dimming curve they are an incredibly bright blinder.

I can't find a decent night time photo but at about 30% they provide a nice audience wash and eye candy effect, at 100 you get about the same harsh-ness as a mole. I think this is due to the Color Forces having a wide beam side and a narrow beam side. Wide up close down front and narrow to the back.
8b18c970030d11e3af4222000aa8012b_7.jpg

Last edited:
[De-cloak]
You might want to look at our NEXUS 4x4. They have a large COB, combined with a reflector cup to make the apparent source larger. This takes away the "Harshness" that a lot of people attribute to LED. The effect is actually quite pleasant to look at... UNTIL THEY GET REALLLLLLLY BRIGHT.
These are currently in use on the PitBull tour (as blinders), were on Bruno Mars' shows (and his BillBoard Music award show) as pixel/video products, and were used extensively on The Voice last season, as both blinders, and video effects.

Plus, they do a pretty Kickin' warm white... However, they do not color shift in the dimming curve, unless you program it.
Here are some links to Videos of NEXUS in action: these were both shot with the maximum intensity of the fixtures at about 30-40%.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bruno Mars Billboard Music Awards 2013 - YouTube

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

CHAUVET Professional Ignites 2013 Discover Orange Bowl Halftime Show - YouTube
[Re-cloak]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back