Automated Playback

Edrick

Premium Member
Well we all know people like QLabs for cue playback, however I'm wondering if you guys have any recommendations for a setup where we can have a central server or something that syncs the systems then a bunch of remote systems playing back this file. A mix of Audio, Video and Photos.

Basically I'd like to be able to have a few monitors or TVs around that can play through a slideshow and play a video. Much like Powerpoint except i'd like it to be like a kiosk where the app just opens and it listens for a server.

Dataton Watchout, if you have the money. It's a stellar piece of software that lets you do **** near anything you can imagine with video, but it'll cost quite a bit to get started. Some rental companies may have Watchout computers available for rent, but its a long shot - you're talking 2K for a single machine, software alone, and you need at least 2 separate machines. Watchout can be triggered from Qlab, or any other MIDI or TCP/IP box.

Another option would be old-fashioned analog signal distribution, and run your show from whatever software you want, including Powerpoint, or Qlab itself. Search around Amazon also, there are some Video+Serial over cat5 solutions that may work well for this, depending on how far the run is, and whether you want serial control of the screens themselves.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back