Axial and Radial l ERS

I heard the term "radial" long before CB even existed.

We've got votes in both directions for the Selecon..what about the Kliegl Bros. 1357 series?

Note the the Kliegl 1357:
13576c76a.jpg
most often uses the 1000W DWT lamp:
BC1875_fs.jpg

i'm going to go with 'neither axial nor radial' for the kliegl.

selecon pacific model no. is not specified so i'll go with: "a selecon pacific is a company"

axial and radial refer to the point at which the lamp penetrates the reflector, respectively either inline with the foci or off to the side (i'm don't think there is a specific angle that is used as a standard). The pros/cons are differences in the evenness of the field of light/efficiency of heat sinks and vents.

i'm going to go with 'neither axial nor radial' for the kliegl.

selecon pacific model no. is not specified so i'll go with: "a selecon pacific is a company"

axial and radial refer to the point at which the lamp penetrates the reflector, respectively either inline with the foci or off to the side (i'm don't think there is a specific angle that is used as a standard). The pros/cons are differences in the evenness of the field of light/efficiency of heat sinks and vents.

You're not getting away on the Pacific that easy...by your own definition you should have a better answer.

You're not getting away on the Pacific that easy...by your own definition you should have a better answer.
I don't see how it matters whether the Selecon Pacific is a 5.5°-13°, 12°-28°, 14°-35°, 23°-50° and 45°-75° Zoomspot, or 5°HE, 20°, 30°, 40°, 50° and 90° Fixed Beam, OR uses a light source of Tungsten Halogen Mains Voltage, Low Voltage 80V, 575W MSR Discharge Arc, or 70W/150W CDM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back