Behringer Eurodesk SL2442fx-pro soundboard

Yes, I am asking this to see if it is worth getting a bigger (quality) mixer than a smaller one for just mic’s and effects and leave the bad mixer for the pit band. I am going to go for the bigger mixer so I can put small pit bands through it (will have to use bad mixer for big pit bands my school though small musically have 2 tympanis, marimba large drum kit and tunes more percussion instruments… takes up half the pit band just that)

This has been one of my pet peeves ever since they spelled this wrong in the yearbook last year...

"tympanis" is spelled "timpani"

In cautious defense of Behringer, I have heard that the MX3282A has had at least a couple of satisfied owners for long-term use. For $500 or less used (they're not available new anymore), 32 input channels and 8 subs, it's got great price/performance for live shows where you can get by with less-than-ideal sound quality.

Otherwise I'll suggest that the Soundcraft LX7-32 (original series) can be found for under $1000 used if you look hard, and is a great bang for the buck at that price point.

Once, I went to a dealer looking for a board for my church. The man dealt Berhinger, as well as soundcraft, A&H, and Yamaha. I explained to him that I needed a board, 24 channels, 2 auxes, tight budget, the usual stuff, but failed to mention originally that it would be installed in a church. Given that info, he took me straight to the Berhinger shelf. Once it came up that this was a local install in a church, he changed his tune. Said that Berhinger had RF shielding and ground problems, and he didn't want to sell me a board that would pick up some trucker's CB conversation from the interstate during a sermon. He said he knew we wouldn't be satisfied with that board and refused to sell it to me, Siad he never sold them to churches or schools because he want repeat business, not pissed off customers. This was years ago, the original Eurodesk IIRC, I assume they've fixed that particular problem (one would hope) but I've never looked at another Berhinger product since. I figure if a dealer doesn't want to sell it, why in the world would I want to buy it?
Get a Soundcraft LX7ii or an Allen & Heath GL series, even a Mackie would be better than Berhinger.

Get a Soundcraft LX7ii or an Allen & Heath GL series, even a Mackie would be better than Berhinger.
Ironically, some of the earlier Mackie mixers had severe RF problems on the inputs. Maybe those are the versions Behringer copied. :cool:

As I said earlier, Behringer does make some good value products and some plain good products, but do your research and keep in mind that many of the reviews on online music retailers are made in relation to garage band and similar applications and not necessarily to installed theatre systems.

Last edited:
Otherwise I'll suggest that the Soundcraft LX7-32 (original series) can be found for under $1000 used if you look hard, and is a great bang for the buck at that price point.

I had briefly looked on Google to find a soundcraft LX 7 (original series) but It only came up with the LX 7ii series, iv been away on holiday so I haven’t been able to look harder but I will look a bit deeper. Any idea how much the 24 channel could cost?

I had briefly looked on Google to find a soundcraft LX 7 (original series) but It only came up with the LX 7ii series, iv been away on holiday so I haven’t been able to look harder but I will look a bit deeper. Any idea how much the 24 channel could cost?

Alex, I just did a Google search on "soundcraft lx7 craigslist" and came up with a bunch of current listings. There was at least one 24-channel listed at $800, with some 24 and 32 ch at $1000 and many in that price range. These are of course local listings on Craigslist, but many people will ship for a fee (approx $50-75 shipping for these boards).

Fyi, I got my LX7-24 for $800 from a local seller, then upgraded it to an LX7-32 which I won on eBay for $750 plus shipping. This all happened for me last summer. Both boards were/are in perfect working condition. (I did have to reseat a ribbon cable connector on the 32 channel board ... jiggled loose during shipping) Sometimes the good deals all show up at once, and sometimes it's weeks in between. You just have to watch daily ...

What city are you in, btw? It could help if people know where you are.

-- John

I believe based on his previous postings, he's in Surrey in the UK.
Shipping may be a lil more expensive...

Ugh ... oh well, I guess my suggestions won't be that helpful ... :|

ye im in surry in the uk, how exacly do i put it up wher eu guys have it? i been lookign but i cant find it. think im haveing a blond (long) moment. how much more shiping do you think? tbh in england the price is lookign to be 1,200 pounds for an lx7ii 24 and i cant seem to find an lx7 seres in the uk. for an lx7 i would be prepared for long distance shiping, thats if they do long distance.

I do own this board. While it is certainly not the nicest console I have ever used and I do not really recommend Behringer products most of the time. After 2 years of lite/medium amounts of gigging it has not steered me wrong yet, maybe i just got lucky.

I probably wouldn't recommend someone to go out and buy this board, but if you already have it and it is working I don't think you should replace it "just because". What are your reasons for wanting to upgrade? What do you hope to accomplish with this new board that you can't do with the old one?

I know we all like getting new toys but make sure you think about why you are buying things and that the money couldn't better be spent elsewhere.

That being said if you decided a new board is what you really want. You may want to look at something like an Allen and Heath GL2400-16 or Allen and Heath ZED-420. I have almost always been happy with their products and they are definitely a step up from Behringer.

**(I am in the US and have no idea how the prices line up in the UK but I think these boards should be around what the others are suggesting if the pricing is similar to that in the US.)**

What do you hope to accomplish with this new board that you can't do with the old one?

a master fader would be amazing!! no i have found one that is 24 channles for £800, i have looked around and for the price i have for it, it seems like the best choise (easly able to upgrade the soundsystem with)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back