behringer x32

Re: x32 and the s16s(sounds like a weird band name)

So my boss when and got this Behringer X32 and two e snakes. I'm setting it up, got the ethernet cable run(200 feet) and the board sees them, i have them set up in stand alonemode. heres the issue. I can't control them, i've plugged my computer into one of the local channels and it will not come out of the speakers, I've also plugged directly into the snake, and the board has no control over the channel. HELP. tech started today, thanks to my boss i'm running this one with much concern, and could use some immediate help here. you can call if from the us, 7243665516. thanks

Hi Samsilvasound,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty configuring your X32 and S16s. I shall PM you now to discuss this matter further.

Kind Regards,
Fiona Hammond
CARE EMEA
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Joe, do you have any plans for an x32 without the preamps and DACs. I am looking at an X32 with 2 S16s, for my use I will never plug anything into the console itself so it seems I am paying twice for the head end which I won't ever use. Either way the X32 with the S16s is still the package I am likely to purchase. Many thanks, Andy.

I am hoping for the same thing. I don't think it will happen, but it would be great to have a surface only X32. Give me an 8x8 IO bank and a Cat5 connection and I'll buy it today.

I am hoping for the same thing. I don't think it will happen, but it would be great to have a surface only X32. Give me an 8x8 IO bank and a Cat5 connection and I'll buy it today.
It couldn't be surface only, it would have to be worksurface and processing engine. The GLD80 and SD9 probably come closest to being something like that with remote I/O boxes and limited local I/O but those were both designed that way from the start.

Does anyone know what the maximum number of scenes is for the X32? I thought I read/heard 100 someplace but cannot find it now. Also, what is a fair price for this console in your market? Thanks!

Edit: I found the brochure lists 100 scenes internal. Is there a limit to the # that can be stored on the USB drive?

100 scenes per show file. So if you need more than 100 you would have to create a second show file to include any scenes beyond 100.

USB drive will hold as many show files as it has space for.

Hope that helps.
Jared

100 scenes per show file. So if you need more than 100 you would have to create a second show file to include any scenes beyond 100.

Hope that helps.
Jared

What would be an average show file size out of curiosity?

I believe that XControl 0.7, which is now three versions back, introduced a dual show mode that allowed accessing 200 scenes. And some enterprising folks had an issue with the original scene limits and management so you might want to check out X32 for theatrical work. - Page 4 and Scene Manager - Public Beta Release V 0.1.5 - Page 2 for a related discussion and solution in process to allow for unlimited scenes.

I believe that XControl 0.7, which is now three versions back, introduced a dual show mode that allowed accessing 200 scenes. And some enterprising folks had an issue with the original scene limits and management so you might want to check out X32 for theatrical work. - Page 4 and Scene Manager - Public Beta Release V 0.1.5 - Page 2 for a related discussion and solution in process to allow for unlimited scenes.

Cool. I dont do theater and we rarely go above 10 scenes right now for our use so I had not read that.

Thanks

Hi Guys, hopefully someone out there who has an X32 can help me as I can't find a supplier local to me who has one I can try. The pictures show something on the bottom right of the console which looks like an ipod dock but the manual which I have downloaded does not mention this at all. I am hoping that the console can play background music either by docking an ipod or by plugging a usb stick into the usb port as this will get rid of the last piece of outboard gear in one of our racks and would make purchasing one more attractive. Can anyone tell me if either of these is possible. Cheers, Andy.

Hi Guys, hopefully someone out there who has an X32 can help me as I can't find a supplier local to me who has one I can try. The pictures show something on the bottom right of the console which looks like an ipod dock but the manual which I have downloaded does not mention this at all. I am hoping that the console can play background music either by docking an ipod or by plugging a usb stick into the usb port as this will get rid of the last piece of outboard gear in one of our racks and would make purchasing one more attractive. Can anyone tell me if either of these is possible. Cheers, Andy.

As you can see in the lower right there is a "dock" for an iPod type device. There is not a connection port so you still need to run a cable to an input on the back Of the mixer.

Its not a dock, its just a piece of rubber about the size of a phone. The USB port on top can play back mp3 files from a USB stick.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Its not a dock, its just a piece of rubber about the size of a phone. The USB port on top can play back mp3 files from a USB stick.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hi Kyle,

many thanks, that solves my problem.

Cheers,

Andy.

I'm not sure if the console can read an iPhone as a disk image but would be interested to find out. You can also connect a computer to the Firewire port and use the console as an interface for playing back tracks that way. Although, I believe that you set the routing in 8 channel increments so if you only need L/R from your computer then you'll be eating up 6 channels that will not be used.

Looking for a Professional Sound Dude in Houston

So we're about to purchase this Behringer X32 in my church in a few weeks and now we're looking for a Professional reliable Sound dude who can train people, setup and mix the whole thing. We're looking for a sound man who can be with us every Saturday/Sunday or on Occasional events. More likely and on call Sound Tech. :p

Faith International Fellowship

Interested? kindly fill up the FF:
Name:
Contact No.:
Email:
Recent or past Establishment/facility you work with:
Rate:

Thanks!

Re: Looking for a Professional Sound Dude in Houston

Maybe you'll have better luck posting this in the appropriate (Classifieds) section rather in a multi-page thread about a specific product. Also try the Marketplace at Pro Sound Web.

So we're about to purchase this Behringer X32 in my church in a few weeks and now we're looking for a Professional reliable Sound dude who can train people, setup and mix the whole thing. We're looking for a sound man who can be with us every Saturday/Sunday or on Occasional events. More likely and on call Sound Tech. :p

Faith International Fellowship

Interested? kindly fill up the FF:
Name:
Contact No.:
Email:
Recent or past Establishment/facility you work with:
Rate:

Thanks!

You should get it from a dealer who can provide on-site training. As many as Indianapolis has, Houston should have a bunch.

I agree with others regarding where to post but before you post elsewhere you might want to think about what you want and can afford. It sounds like you want someone to not only help you configure the mixer and train you on it but also to operate it. You apparently want them present every Saturday and Sunday and for "occasional" events. You also seem to want them to be "on call" and be available at any time. And all that for some unspecified period of time and unidentified compensation.

Unless you contract with a larger company that has multiple personnel they may send as they see fit then if you want someone available to do whatever you need and to do it whenever you want it then it sounds like you are looking for a full time employee. If you don't want that then there may have to be some compromises on their availability for "occasional events" and being on call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back