Best LEDs for small theaters

The 3W Colorado units are good units for what they are.

Mike

Are you talking about the spun aluminum or the cast aluminum housing (by the way because of Chauvet's tendency for their DMX to not play well with other units DMX, I recommend them the least, but for some reason I have a few clients who love the Colorado units)?

I can only speak to the low end of the line. We use Chauvet almost exclusively due to price. The new SlimPar Pro RGBA have been very nice and bullet proof. They have a tri version but have not used it. We also have 2 Colorado Tour 1s, they have been nice as well. On the bottom end is the Colordash's, I know people will flame me for even using them but they work and they fit our budget.

I can only speak to the low end of the line. We use Chauvet almost exclusively due to price. The new SlimPar Pro RGBA have been very nice and bullet proof. They have a tri version but have not used it. We also have 2 Colorado Tour 1s, they have been nice as well. On the bottom end is the Colordash's, I know people will flame me for even using them but they work and they fit our budget.

I will never use low end Chauvet gear. I only use their Pro line stuff, and even then not very often. Blizzard, Weidamark, and ColorKey blow the doors off low end Chauvet gear for a lot lower prices.

I will never use low end Chauvet gear. I only use their Pro line stuff, and even then not very often. Blizzard, Weidamark, and ColorKey blow the doors off low end Chauvet gear for a lot lower prices.

Awesome, Thank you. Are they widely available or is there a specific dealer for them. Like I said I use them due to price but if there is something better for the same or even a little more, I am more than willing to switch.

You can go to their websites and they have all their dealers listed.

I've not read what everyone else has said because I'm tired and didn't really feel like it. I'd vote for the ETC Selador line first off. But something I want to say about Chauvet...I hate saying this but they have a pretty darn good fixture in the Chauvet Colordash Batten Tri. I just bought 16 of them because I had a very limited budget and I could get 16 of them for a pretty good price. They are very bright, have great punch, and have very good color blending because of the tri LED. For a RGB fixture that is VERY low priced I can easily say I have not seen a light that compares. Not the widest beam angle but I was able to take 11 of them over a 30' span and was able to cover it pretty well, but I'm lighting a curtain hanging off a truss 7' off the deck. Not sure what the beam angle would be at 11.5' but I did use 4 of them for front light that was straight on to the performers, 25' throw and it covered the 10' floor to ceiling of the room really well. They were barely enough to be used stand alone, but I used them as a compliment to the MAC 250 front wash I had going on. Put them with a deep straw almost amber color and it made the skin tons look natural. I like them a lot...especially for the price, which MSRP is $400, but of course you only pay that if your a fool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back