Conventional Fixtures Best Outdoor UV (Blacklight) Fixture?

I've been searching and searching and searching for a decent Blacklight UV fixture UL listed for outdoor/wet locations. This is for a Halloween Haunt Blacklight maze, so the spead needs to be good. The trouble is I need these fixtures to be under $700 each (Since we'll be buying ~20 of these fixtures). I know Altman makes one, and Wildfire has theirs that you can weather proof, but both are very expensive options.

Any one have any suggestions? LED AND Outdoor rated would be amazing. My last resort is to buy a vapor tight T8 Fluorescent fixture and pop in a coupld T8 UV bulbs, but the extra work involved with those I'm dreading (painting it black, installing tails and figuring out a mounting system to make them easily removable for strike.)

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks for the help!!

Sean

T8's probably won't cut it. Cheapest way to get a ton of blacklight is to pick up a pile of 400 watt mercury vapor fixtures and buy the 400 watt black-light bulb for them.
MBT 400-watt Replacement Lamp for UV400 Black Light | ActiveMusician
Keep in mind, the front covers of the fixture may need to be modified as some glass filters out UV. Lamp uses an M59 ballast.

proxy.php

Shop around a bit: 400 watt blacklight bulb - Google Search

Note: I said "Cheapest" way. The best way would be with the Altman or Wildfire units, but they are $$$. Did you consider renting?

Last edited:
Ah, that definitely is a better option than the T8s. Thank you!!

Renting is lower on the list, wanted to find a solution to where we could own the fixtures, and the 400w mercury vapor looks like a good option. (I had looked into metal halide versions, but the only ones I found were for specific fixtures, all non outdoor rated)

This is great, Thank you again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back