Best sites to find LED stage Lights

Nicks980

OK guys/gals,
I have been looking around the net at some more stage lights. I have a show comming up in Sept. and I would like to get a few more LED lights to help brighten up the stage. I cant spend alot of money (like most of us I would guess:p ). So, I am wanting to know if anyone eles knows of any really good online sources to buy LED lights from.

I am kinda looking at the Chauvet ColorSplash 200B and it is $179.99 at Musician's Friend - Buy musical instruments, music gear, musical equipment online

So, leave your best sites here, and mabey we can have a nice spot for everyone to compare prices on lighting.

Here's an 8-minute YouTube review of the Chauvet ColorSplash 200B. Before buying anything Chauvet, PM member BillESC and ask him for a quote.

The least expensive PAR64-sized LED I have found is this, and it is adequate considering its price. Although advertised as used, a few months ago, I purchased the same item new for the same price.

Another popular site for the least expensive LED fixtures is Weidamark.

I'll admit to being skeptical at first, but once I saw it on two major tours and then a personal demo from Elation, I was pleased with the Elation Impression, only about $6K street price. Excellent, unbiased review here.

Last edited:
Just want to add that the Weidemarks have a great reputation in the $150 price range. Someone did a pretty impressive shootout a year or so back on another website... do some searching here and you'll find it... I think it was maybe on prosound web. On the other hand the technology is marching fast and others may have passed up Weidemark by now.

Another vote for contacting BillESC... only I say call him he's a nice guy and you'll learn something about the products he's selling.

I hate to be the one to say this but "brighten up the stage" and leds don't always go well together, if you are looking at getting the stage brigter some cheap par 56s would be a better route. LEDS are not yet bright enough to really do stage washes yet, and if you are competing with an ERS fixture you won't be able to see them.

I suppose first off it would be useful to ask, what is your application for them, how big a space, what kind of performances and what is your existing gear.

I hate to be the one to say this but "brighten up the stage" and leds don't always go well together, if you are looking at getting the stage brigter some cheap par 56s would be a better route. LEDS are not yet bright enough to really do stage washes yet, and if you are competing with an ERS fixture you won't be able to see them.

I suppose first off it would be useful to ask, what is your application for them, how big a space, what kind of performances and what is your existing gear.

Good point. A better motive to buy more LED's would be to add some additional color in the background. The sub $150 LED's just don't have the punch to truly brighten up the stage.

LEDS are not yet bright enough to really do stage washes yet, and if you are competing with an ERS fixture you won't be able to see them.

Harrumph. I asked a local dealer to bring some LED fixtures in to see how they might fare and as much fun as I had playing, they could not cut the mustard in terms of brightness when used over conventional stage lighting.

I can't remember the model, but I saw some LED strips I think made by Martin that advertised twice or more lumens than most units out. It may have been an ad in PLSN or Lighting and Sound sometime this year I want to say.

Harrumph. I asked a local dealer to bring some LED fixtures in to see how they might fare and as much fun as I had playing, they could not cut the mustard in terms of brightness when used over conventional stage lighting.

I can't remember the model, but I saw some LED strips I think made by Martin that advertised twice or more lumens than most units out. It may have been an ad in PLSN or Lighting and Sound sometime this year I want to say.

There are a half a dozen serious contenders: like the Martin Stagebar you mentioned, there are some good Pixelrange products, the Elations listed above, Color Kinetics, the Selador X7 Xtra's are my favorite. However even these higher end (i.e. expensive) LED's need large quantities to compete with conventionals.

For example I was told by a sales person that using the Selador Xtra's to light a 40' wide drop you are going to need to light it top and bottom with strips covering about 60% of the drop. We are talking around $1500 per foot of strip light x 60 feet... That's $90k to light a 40' cyc! While the colors are AMAZING, it'll take you a while to realize the savings in your electrical and lamp replacement bill.

Last edited:
Hey Bill how would you rank these Neo-Neon products in terms of quality and price vs known US products like ADJ, Chauvet, Elation, CK, Selador, etc?

Also have you gotten a look at that 100 Watt LED unit yet?

It appears to me as if much of the ADJ, Chauvet, Elation products come from Neo-neon.

If you visit their "About Us" page you'll find this is a huge manufacturer with over 15,000 employees and an amazing product line.

I haven't seen it yet, sorry.

To all the "incandescent lovers/LED naysayers," please note that Nicks980 writes "I would like to get a few more LED lights to help brighten up the stage." This would indicate that he already has some LED fixtures, so stop suggesting those wasteful alternatives.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back