Best Way to Mount LED Tape?

Remember that it's only 30 Watts/24VDC per sheet and you can power up 1.5 sheets per connection. In making a 30" disc, we cut and spliced two sheets plus a little of a third sheet. We divided the disc in half in connecting to the same XLR terminal. Another option was to do all on the same wiring as a panel, but also feed the sheets from the bottom as per front and end feed of a LED tape. The 1.5 shees per connection means that if you feed from both top and bottom of a sheet, all should work fine.

The horizontal and diagional cuts on the sheets is better than sheets I had seen in searching. There are other sheets of LED, but none are as flexible to date.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/led...le-led-strip-lights/gl-afcobm5-24-cv-840-d840 This and other COB is the Bomb on the other hand for in general led strip lighting... no notacable nodes unless you are right next to it. There is more high output LED tape out there with close nodes, But none that almost do LED neon, without the size of the Neon.

A thought on a project...
Assignment was to to a RGB infinity mirror with LED tape. Infinity mirror has a reflective backer and single side mirror lens on the other side of a side lit light box. One way view mirror light box.

Already worked on some many times for work... I was board with the 3-4" on center lamps we did in the past for an infinity mirror.

I wanted something different, my staff wasn't up with that in thinking it needs some light sources so as to make the mirror work.

So we tried high dencity 1/2 on center node RGB LED strips... agreed it was too busy.
We next tried COB (had in stock enough red for a try.) My guys didn't think so much of the concept until it was tried it.... Wow! this is infinity mirror in a new proper way to do i!!
It's an infinity mirror. It's an infinity mirror - not lamps or nodes 2-4 inch on center. Infinity mirror a reflective showing of infininity by way of how reflective it is to the sections of light on it.

My guys/gals (now up to 7 in staff yey!) got schooled on the concept of infinity mirror without lamps or nodes. Agreement... Yes this is a better way to do this. Imagine a infinity mirror more like something like a Stargate SG-1 thing to go into, than... gee an infinity mirror.

The fab shop staff submetted and got approved on from the client a 3" on center LED store bought infinity mirror before my department got involved. Should have walked out of the project... Went up the Fab shop chain of command as with to present a new idea to the client... appairently it went nowhere.

In the end we presented our concepts but the Fab Shop got approval on their proposed lighting. 3" on center RGB side lighting for infinity mirror. We did it. We did that and it sucked for video and live. Rejected later in for re-design. TBA for re-design in using the COB LED's.

Were I more corporate sales type, I will have mentioned to the buyer, while walking some cases thru the catacombs with him. Was not thinking in a business type of way, I was in tech person role with client role. No stealing anyone else's thunder thought of, just professional while on site or in geneal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back