Blown Fuse

Open it up and start looking for shorts.

Could be right after the fuse holder or somewhere in the PSU.

Yep. Something is definitely shorting.
How long it takes the fuse to blow could help indicate how severe the problem is. If it's a matter of flipping the switch and getting a "pop" in response, the PSU has a dead short, longer infrequent delays before blowing could point at something more subtle like a faulty component drawing slightly too much more power than the rated current.

This is all relying on the fuse being reasonably within it's rating and blowing reliably...

Yep. Something is definitely shorting.
How long it takes the fuse to blow could help indicate how severe the problem is. If it's a matter of flipping the switch and getting a "pop" in response, the PSU has a dead short, longer infrequent delays before blowing could point at something more subtle like a faulty component drawing slightly too much more power than the rated current.

This is all relying on the fuse being reasonably within it's rating and blowing reliably...

Yeah, It blows instantly and the fuses are the correct replacement, so it must the psi. I suppose I need to contact ETC about my options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back