Booth Pictures :)

I didn't have a pic of this the other day, but here is our patchboard. It was built by someone back when we were rocking with twelve dimmers. Analog. Hardcore, baby :twisted:

We have since upgraded to 24 dimmers DMX. Our dimmer packs are at the bottom left...

Here are pictures of 5 of our main booths, There are multiple pictures of some of them. There are 3 other smaller booths not pictured . . .

Attachments

• BoothSouth1b.JPG
    BoothSouth1b.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,193
  • BoothPlayhouse.JPG
    BoothPlayhouse.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,159
  • BoothEast.JPG
    BoothEast.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,149
  • BoothConcertAudioA.jpg
    BoothConcertAudioA.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,053
  • BoothNorth2.JPG
    BoothNorth2.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,034
  • BoothSouth1a.JPG
    BoothSouth1a.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,087
  • BoothNorthMain.JPG
    BoothNorthMain.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 993
  • BoothConcertAudioB.jpg
    BoothConcertAudioB.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,005
  • BoothConcertLight.jpg
    BoothConcertLight.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,127
2462815049_53db643a0f_b.jpeg1002804685_648224a690_o.jpeg1003659086_d9589591a2_o.jpegHere's some pictures from the booth I used to run (about 3 years ago)

My school (and me personally) aren't so big on the conncept of a "booth" area even though we have one, most of the equipment up there is pretty ancient so we have asorted new equipment in road-cases so we can theoretically rock up anywhere that has GPO's and go for it (unless you are doing lighting, then 3 phase as well). This is some photos from my last show that I designed/ all our FOH speakers are self powered and all the other gear (EG dimmers) are out back. we used mainly LED for this show so power was negligible. all audio for this show ran off an iMac running Qlab.

--PS ignore bad cabling. this was used in the rehersal period, before the actual show we re-did it all.

Attachments

• IMG_4436.jpg
    IMG_4436.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_4437.jpg
    IMG_4437.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 776
  • IMG_4438.jpg
    IMG_4438.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_4440.jpg
    IMG_4440.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 817
  • IMG_4439.jpg
    IMG_4439.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 915
Last edited:
Finally got around to taking some half decent pictures

The room:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Bane of my existence:
proxy.php

Much more reasonable setup than inside the room, and without the 100dB cooling fans, either:
proxy.php

proxy.php

;)

Our FOH position, to the left is open entrance (from where the first pic was taken) that we are in the process of getting a waist high door to keep out customers, yes that is an issue. M7 on the right, GrandMA on PC on the left. Looking to hopefully at some point raise it about 3 ft higher so we can actually see over the customers in front of us. :lol: Oh and I feel ya on the whole Crestron set up.... Our whole place is wired with it all. We use TPS-6x for our handhelds.
booth.JPGbooth2.JPG

This is the booth in my school's thrust stage theater. It's pretty small, but it's cozy. :)
The only problem is that it is almost impossible to accurately hear the FOH mix, because the window only opens about 2.5 feet. It's quite annoying.
My school's in the process of renovating the old auditorium, so when that's done maybe I'll post those booth pictures as well. Sorry about the crappy cell phone quality.
proxy.php

I guess it's a bit odd to have 2 sets of booth pictures in the same thread, but I'm changing schools so I have a new booth. :)
The second and third pictures are standing at the control desk looking right and left. I think I could park a few trucks up there...

Holy smokes that's a large "booth".

You posted links to gmail

Last edited:
Well, I finally got a chance to get some pictures until I get back into the theater. The picture showing the ceiling with the gobos, I just added to show the view from the booth. It isn't much, but I like it.

I didn't like having pictures of people so I have some different pictures. I will beg some friends to get good pics.

proxy.php
- The light and sound booth is just outside of view below the railing in the center.
proxy.php
- The stage. It's a really cool place to have shows.
proxy.php
- View from light Booth

Last edited:
view from the booth
proxy.php

and the horrible seating position in the booth, they installed the countertop at standard height, problem is you can't see over the wall if you sit that low. So they built a platform for the chairs to sit on, problem is there isn't any room left for your legs under the counter. That's the house console, just always stays in the bottom of it's case.
proxy.php

edit: got a PM asking about the console, it's an Avolites Pearl Expert, here's a more head on picture of it
proxy.php

Last edited:
AV Booth4.JPG

Here is a pic of our FOH at the church. We have a small booth that we have outgrown, but in the church, that's a good thing. In the far end of the booth is the IMAG control area, then lighting with an ETC SmartfadeML, and then live audio.

The iLive is with us on demo with hopes to replace our GL3800.

Well, I finally got a chance to raid my friends Facebook pages until I get back into the theater. The picture showing the ceiling with the gobos, I just added to show the view from the booth. It isn't much, but I like it.

What board is that "you (?)" are using?

I'll get some pics of ours up soon. It's actually rather nice, albeit messy, because it's never locked and people eat lunch in their (which I hate)

Pics from work. There's a closed booth behind where the I sit with the sound tech, but it is mostly used for storage.

View of FOH booth
DSC00169.JPG
View in the FOH booth
DSC00166.JPG
View from FOH booth
DSC00104.JPG
pencil.png

Last edited:
What board is that "you (?)" are using?

I'll get some pics of ours up soon. It's actually rather nice, albeit messy, because it's never locked and people eat lunch in their (which I hate)

That is one of my freinds using an ETC Express 48/96 in the first picture, and the second is, well, not exactly a friend but, someone using a Mackie Onyx 24 ch.

I just found out I may be in there this week so I'll get some pictures of it without other people in the way.

Here a picture of our booth taken last week-

(Sorry, I couldn't resist! This is my colleague Milad at last week's ProLight + Sound show in Frankfurt)

Attachments

• April 2011 053.jpg
    April 2011 053.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:

Wow that is a lot of lighting console for that room unless there are lights around that I'm not seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back