Brand/mfg. of these lights?

the good news is the Red Garter has updated their lighting inventory since then, though they've still got the original saloon lights above and behind the bar.

By the way, I pulled all lights this past week and found two things about the fixtures. First, all but the Kliegl #1365 had a 6x9 or perhaps a bid wider focus PC lens. Unless another source has step lenses in their 807, 7A (as new version found), or #1700 LECO lights, they are all PC lenses in them.

Also, it would seem there was a choice of P-22s (Bi-Pin) or P-28s (Medium Pre-focus) for lamp type during the at least early 60's versions of the #1700 series. Of thirteen lamp caps brought home last week, five were P-28s, the others G-22. (Like the G-22 type of socket also though more effected by heat in some ways.) The P-28s lamp sockets had the newer X-slot cooling vent design, the older ones were a bit more tall and used for all intensive purposes the #807 hole pattern for cooling.

Also found in the collection is three fixtures with the exact same lamp cap - all with a P-28s lamp socket. So simialr, I cannot tell who made which lamp cap. Of the other fixtures were two Kliegl #1365E as similar to the one already in collection, two Hub #8764 with PC lens and six unknown but similar to both fixtures that the more I work on are possibly the first Altman fixture, or perhaps Century. Almost all knobs/parts on them are the ones Altman used in the 360 series, yet it's for all intensive purposes a Kliegl design. Derek will soon be getting one to study and ask further questions about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back