Brown United Stages

mstaylor

Departed Member
I have a contract on rigging a bunch of shows on a Brown Stage this summer. It is brand new but I was interested in talking to someone that has worked on one of their roofs. It looks like a really nice roof but wanted some real life experience. PM me if anyone prefers to not do it on list.
Brown United Home - Brown United

There's a lot of stuff on that website - you might want to mention a type, model, or size to narrow things down a bit.

I don't have a model number but it is 60ft wide,50ft deep and top chord is 48ft. In the notes they say they want 3ft of vertical to 1ft of horizontal. The trusses up and downstage are at 10ft off and thirty ft off. A typical forty foot truss pick is going to be 18 to 20ft offcenter. A 3:1 ratio is about 60 degrees which is not realistic. I have not seen the roof yet, I was unable to attend the meeting the other day so all I have are renderings and and the truss layout. I have the wind ratings and weight limits. All that is not what I am worried about. What I am looking for is somebody that has climbed and walked this type of roof. How is easy or hard is it to get around the truusses.
I am not at all concerned with quality of the product, I was just worried about trim loss and length of time rigging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back