Bullet Camera Power

Bgarrett74

Hello,
I have a show coming up that the director wants to use a live camera on the stage to feed an LED wall. I have no problem getting the camera to show up on the LED wall. The problem is getting power to the bullet camera that I am using. The camera is an Everfocus bullet camera. It uses DC at 110mA. I was going to hook it up to a 12v battery but the director wants the actor to had it off to another actor and the battery isn't easy to make the hand off. The camera will have a bnc cable hooked up to it. It will be about 50'. So I want to run the power right along with the video cable but the DC power always have the wall warts and they are bulky. Does anyone have any experience with running DC power 50' with the power supply at the outlet? I can clarify if need be.
Thanks
Brent

Thanks for the information. If the Siamese Cables work I might go with that. Does anyone have experience with the Monoprice Siamese cables. They don't get great reviews. Is there another brand that might be better?

The stuff we use is Belden 549945, but we are doing permanent install in a harsh environment so we are willing to spend a bit more money. If this is a one off and you won't be using it past a few months Monoprice is fine. Luckily it's also cheap enough to have a backup if needed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back