C-clamp part needed

I bought a box of C-clamps on EBay. They are really nice, look new, but they are all missing the piece (spindle?) that holds the clamp to the yoke. Does anyone know where they can be purchased? Thanks in advance--I always get great help from this site.

Are you talking about a bolt?

Why wouldn't you just buy clamps from a real source? They're only responsible for holding the load over people, after all.

Spigot, possibly? You could try calling Altman, assuming I have the type correct. As far as I know, the spigots are pretty much universal among various brands.

If it's just the yoke bolt & washer, you can pick those up at any hardware store.

cclamp.png

@Matthew Peters bonus points to you from the CB staff. This is exactly how we like people who represent companies to act on CB. You answered the question, solved the OP's problem, provided information that could be used to purchase, and offered in a very low key way to sell them the part. Thank you!

Agreee with gafftaper on observation. Believe this is the part https://www.mcmaster.com/91375A576/ in specication standard for it.

If you didn't get all the parts to the camp you should ask the seller about that part which should be included in not paying more for a crucial part. Return or get what assembly you bought.

Also, from the way back when problems.... if these clamps have a sort of varnish coating on them, do not use them. They are not rated and are unsafe to use.

Unfortantly I don't have any of thise kicking around anymore. I did a few years ago. But my theater closed down. I do own the lighting dinmmer rack board lighting cables and some lights from that system that was in that theater but no extra clamps. I only had like 4 days to get the dimmer rack Light board control cable and all the lightis and lightng cables I could before the new owners took over. So I was not able to grab extra clamps. Who knows what they did with those extra clamps. I am sure they got rid of them as the new owners use LED lighting and mine is not LED.

Spigot, possibly? You could try calling Altman, assuming I have the type correct. As far as I know, the spigots are pretty much universal among various brands.
One important note:
The hole in an ETC c-clamp is slightly smaller in diameter, thus will not take an Altman stud or 1/2" ID pipe, 0.840 OD (for sidearm). An ETC spud in an Altman clamp will have a little more slop, but the Jesus screw is long enough to not notice.

I mispoke ohttps://www.mcmaster.com/91416A210/n the part. Though I believe I have bought some grade 5 versions in the past.

Agreee with gafftaper on observation. Believe this is the part https://www.mcmaster.com/91375A576/ in specication standard for it.

If you didn't get all the parts to the camp you should ask the seller about that part which should be included in not paying more for a crucial part. Return or get what assembly you bought.

Also, from the way back when problems.... if these clamps have a sort of varnish coating on them, do not use them. They are not rated and are unsafe to use.
Thank you, good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back