Control/Dimming Can anyone help with a Strand LBX?

crankygeek

My high school uses a strand lbx for the lights in our auditorium. I have been frustrated trying to find the answer to this question. Suppose I have 2 cues. One with the desired stage lights 1-45 on FL and the house lights 60-80 on 5%. And one the opposite. After using command CUE 2 GO how do I have the channel faders regain control of the lights so I can run in manual mode.? Any help would be appreciated the GENIUS manual didn't seem to help.

My high school uses a strand lbx for the lights in our auditorium. I have been frustrated trying to find the answer to this question. Suppose I have 2 cues. One with the desired stage lights 1-45 on FL and the house lights 60-80 on 5%. And one the opposite. After using command CUE 2 GO how do I have the channel faders regain control of the lights so I can run in manual mode.? Any help would be appreciated the GENIUS manual didn't seem to help.

You can't go from setting a lighting state with a cue to setting a state with the channel handles. Its kind of an either or thing. You can set a look using the channel handles then record that into a cue, however, there is no way for a cue to change a channel handle. You can have a cue up and move a channel handle. Whichever is brighter will take control: IE if your cue has a light at 30% and you move the channel handle to 80% the channel will go to 80%. If you move the channel handle to 25% nothing will happen. HTP - ControlBooth

If your board supports it and you need it, you could try setting the submasters to LTP/Latest Takes Precedence where the moment you move the fader it will take over its assigned channel(s).

Footer: Ok thanks. To expand on that, if all of my channel sliders were @0 and I keyed in CUE 0 GO (1-125 @ 0) and moved a slider above 0 that would take effect?

That is correct. However, Footer left out one important thing. You can "override" the levels set by a cue by using the keypad to change levels. So if you have a cue up (say your cue 1 from your example) and you type: 1-25[@]50[*] the levels of the channels will change to 50%. Keying items in on the keypad is an LTP operation.

Cpf: Ill look into LTP today at school.

I believe that actual submasters MAY be able to be set as LTP, but probably not channel faders.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Setting the board out to CUE 0 does allow me to then take control of the channels with the faders and set up my scenes that way.

I tried setting the board to LTP, it seemed to only apply to sub masters.

I also cleaned up the cue list (only 10 now) and reprogrammed the sub masters and now all seems to be in order.

Are you saying you only have 10 cues in the show or 10 unique looks? Either way, I would just set the looks on subs and forget the cue stack. That gives you the option to set something up on the fly on the channels.

Are you saying you only have 10 cues in the show or 10 unique looks? Either way, I would just set the looks on subs and forget the cue stack. That gives you the option to set something up on the fly on the channels.

Well, I agree. Right now I am setting up the board for concert performances (the light doesn't change much). My teacher gave me a list of specific cues he wanted programmed in (all on, stage off house on, house off stage on, rear stage on house off etc) so I had to put those in, but I don't plan on using them, I think it's just so he can quickly turn them on during rehearsals and whatnot.

My subgroups are:
1 - house lights (10 channels)
2 - all stage (60 channels)
3 - rear stage (fills, no gel) (5 channels)
4 - front stage (fills, no gel) (5 channels)
(gels, center stage only)
5 - all blue gels (5 channels)
6 - all red gels (5 channels)
7 - all green gels (5 channels)
8 - all yellow gels (5 channels)
9 - all orange gels (5 channels)
10 - left steps spot (3 channels)
11 - right steps spot (3 channels)
12 - front center stage (fill)
13 - all stage fills, no gels (20 channels)
20 - safety lights (house lights on aisles that have to be at least 50%)

there is also 2 spotlights that are operated independently of the board, obviously.
Playing with the board today I decided that cues in general were a bad idea for what I need right now. Maybe during the musical in the spring they will be of more use, when I have more scenes to run.

I don't know your board but cue stacks can be useful, even preferable for an actual show. Setting looks on subs can be great on talent shows or other productions that are looser in form. I come from analog two scene presets so I have no problem thinking that way. Some younger guys seem to think it is too much work. Coming up it was a mark of excellence to have a touch for a board.

I don't know your board but cue stacks can be useful, even preferable for an actual show. Setting looks on subs can be great on talent shows or other productions that are looser in form. I come from analog two scene presets so I have no problem thinking that way. Some younger guys seem to think it is too much work. Coming up it was a mark of excellence to have a touch for a board.

Being a high school auditorium, pretty much everything we do could be defined as "loose"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back