Can you say LED worklight?

Lsly

proxy.php

Test fixture has arrived! This is the 300w equivalent. Really nice fixture. Hoping the 500w will be out soon.

LS

Very nice units, I just installed 12. could use a longer pigtail, The one i got were just 18". Specks say 24". 36" would have saved most cabling. The colour is very natrual.

Once the 500 is out I'm going to give it a try. I've been really impressed with the demos at trade shows. But they've been really slow rolling these things out. I agree that 18" is way too short for the pigtail.

Once the 500 is out I'm going to give it a try. I've been really impressed with the demos at trade shows. But they've been really slow rolling these things out. I agree that 18" is way too short for the pigtail.
There is like no info on the 90w unit release. I'm launching an all out campaign to find out what the deal is. Many calls to be made.....We are looking at around 30 of these but I really need the extra punch for the throws I have. Also the diffuser is a bit much. Looking at replacing it with something less wide, at least in the 60w fixtures. I'm thinking it will be perfect in the 90w.

LS

... there is something to be said for delaying a product's release if you haven't got it working totally properly yet.

I for one would rather not be able to buy the product than to buy it and then find out in 12 months that it's not handling its heat properly or any other of a mutlitude of problems that could occur and need the whole thing replaced...

Does anyone remember how many years the Behringer X32 was "shipping soon".

Last I heard they were heading off for ETL certification and then would hopefully be available sometime very soon. @DELO72 Got an update Mark?

I think we just ordered a couple dozen of the smaller ones because the bigger ones aren't out. If they come out really quickly we might try to swap back.

Mark is working on a number of fixtures amongst them the Kreios PAR 38 sized type for our industry (say truss warmer). Had a recent demo of where they are going and expect more info soon at least on what he is getting done. Thanks for the demo and keep it going even if LED where the technology is going. Really cool stuff working on on that brand as with others.

Throwing thru the ringers a rope light LED sample I'm play testing amongst two brands that have this version known of. You know, I have rope light from like 20 years ago that I can make into a rough lasso or whip it around and it won't fail. Stuff was solid in core, outer coating molded around the lamps, and it still works as if new - only the outer coating dulled some in needing cleaning. In other words, the rope light was molded around the lamps instead of pulled thru the tubing about it way back when as opposed to now that's crap for rope light.

Test samples of the LED rope light in the console/dimmer cage at the moment for testing with Sensor racks in if it works with them, and or if they need dummy loads. After that, they will be whipped about and run over with a road case in play testing. If it lasts (about one or two shows) longer than a store bought rope light for a show, the extra investment might be worth it.

I think we just ordered a couple dozen of the smaller ones because the bigger ones aren't out. If they come out really quickly we might try to swap back.

@DELO72 will be along to comment I'm sure and will give us the very latest he can.

I don't know what to say folks. I'm as embarrassed and humiliated as a Product Manager could be over the delays on the FLx... (Needless to say it missed a target spec. item in the UL testing, so needs a tweak still before release.) Here's my current frame of mind regarding our timing on it and inability to meet any of the dates I've previously provided. -- http://media2.giphy.com/media/vwu9UTwIwFr7G/giphy.gif

Please give me details on the Behringer X32, it might help ease the pain (combined with a bottle of scotch...or two). *sigh*

If I had to guess, I would put the FLx out at least another 2 months at this time. Pigtails will be 36" this time around though, so we are making improvements as we go.
I don't know what to say, folks. I'm embarrassed beyond words. Every date I have given was what I believed and was told would be true-- only to be turned into a liar by things outside my control. We'll keep fighting the good fight. It's a great product. I just need it in production and available.

Sincerely,

Mark

Last edited:
Mark,

Please know that MOST of us would rather wait than receive a product rushed to market. I'm extremely happy with the 60w version, based on my tests with it I can sign off on a large purchase for my employer. So Thank You. I have been tracking this fixture type for about two years now and the Krieos FL is outstanding. Color temp is AWESOME! At 40' the 60w is almost there for me in terms of output. I can wait for the 90w to give me what I need.

My looking at replacing about 19k watts of incandescent work lights, with just over 2k of LED. Amazing. Power savings is obvious. I would like to see a integrated barn door for the units, and perhaps a less defused lens as an option, but those are not deal breakers at all.

Again thanks for your efforts, love the GIF!

Lorin Sly

Its ok @DELO72 , at least you aren't SOG, who teased me with a multi tool with a diagonal cutter head for years, but ultimately decided not to put it into production.

Thanks Mark,
We appreciate the details updates. I would much rather have it done right than have it done quickly. Little things like 36" pigtails make a big difference.

I'm working on a LED work light for my work table at work amongst other projects.

Articulating drafting table light arm on a swivel springed loaded up for like a 15# load. The arm is proving difficult to engineer what is seemingly easy except that I am mounting a heavy Mole 12"x16" lighting fixture on the arm from it's yoke. Large scale articulating arm assembly on a swivel base. Lived with drafting table lamp type arms all my life and never assumed that this would be the hardest part of the process. Base for it will be like a crane in having a cantiliever 1Kw transformer as ballast in weight and power at the bottom.

It is to mount an early/mid 70's Mole Richardson #5511 5-lite Mole FAY PAR 36 MoleQuartz wash light. (Found it in a back store room, one already in the museum restored, four others restored and sent to a club with 4x #4596 ACL in series and a DWE in the center - they love them.)

In lamp, 5x switched Halco/ProLED PAR 36/9WW40/LED #80651 PAR 36 wash lights. They are 9 Watts/12Volts and 40 Degree beam spread, I will have lots of light on demand to supplement my Inkie current work table light. Challenge also with the Halco PAR 36 LED lamp is it's not designed properly, the rear mounting/seat dia. for the lamp is 4" in dia which is 1/4" too large for any normal PAR 36 fixture . Very odd in me having to hand cut and sand 1/8" spacers 4" ID. 4.3/4" O.D. so as to properly seat the lamp hopefully. Otherwise I have some extra 1/32" spacers TBA. Very odd lamp in it won't seat properly in any fixture it is supposed to mount into.

Main goals of the project to finally try this LED wash light (never powered one up yet), find a home/use for the antique light, get more light at my work table and the drill press next to it, and R&D what a early LED PAR 36 Audience blinder might be like given what is on the market by way of using stock fixtures with replacement LED lamps in them. Who knows, might be a good thing for the future in R&D.

Working on a large crane arm assembly with a large 1Kw transformer ballast for it, fixture is fully restored. (New topic for discussion once done.)

Last edited:
Mark,

Please know that MOST of us would rather wait than receive a product rushed to market. I'm extremely happy with the 60w version, based on my tests with it I can sign off on a large purchase for my employer. So Thank You. I have been tracking this fixture type for about two years now and the Krieos FL is outstanding. Color temp is AWESOME! At 40' the 60w is almost there for me in terms of output. I can wait for the 90w to give me what I need.

My looking at replacing about 19k watts of incandescent work lights, with just over 2k of LED. Amazing. Power savings is obvious. I would like to see a integrated barn door for the units, and perhaps a less defused lens as an option, but those are not deal breakers at all.

Again thanks for your efforts, love the GIF!

Lorin Sly
How did you use the 60W version? I am specing work lights for a high school auditorium and as the FLx is delayed, these seem ideal. The height over the stage would be about 17', and I was asking for two. Also 2 in the cove for the apron, which is a greater distance, about 30', and one each side of the stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back