Control/Dimming Cannot power Edison relays from ETC Ion

I have a unique problem. I suddenly am unable to turn on my edison relays from my ETC ion. The patch shows that they are patched correctly (by correctly I mean I haven't changed the patch and it has been working for the last 4 years), they are on at full and parked. But there is no power going to any of my DMX controlled instruments. I also can't control my house lights, the seat lights, or the runner lights.
My system is also connected to a Unison and when I have one of the presets selected, I get the power to run my system from the board (although I still cannot control the house or seat lights).
The only thing that I have changed recently is that I changed a couple networking settings to bring my ETC iRFR online. My guess is that I changed something in the configuration which is affecting the DMX communication but I am not sure what the original settings were. Does anyone have a table of default settings?

When you have multiple problems, look for a common denominator. Are the DMX channels (not board, but DMX addresses) next to each other? Since the network change was the last change made, try putting those settings back to their former value. If you regain control then you at least have the cause if not the reason.

I have a unique problem. I suddenly am unable to turn on my edison relays from my ETC ion. The patch shows that they are patched correctly (by correctly I mean I haven't changed the patch and it has been working for Othe last 4 years), they are on at full and parked. But there is no power going to any of my DMX controlled instruments. I also can't control my house lights, the seat lights, or the runner lights.
My system is also connected to a Unison and when I have one of the presets selected, I get the power to run my system from the board (although I still cannot control the house or seat lights).
The only thing that I have changed recently is that I changed a couple networking settings to bring my ETC iRFR online. My guess is that I changed something in the configuration which is affecting the DMX communication but I am not sure what the original settings were. Does anyone have a table of default settings?

Check for a network priority issue between the Ion and Unison system. EDIT:, Possibly the Unison is denying control to Ion of addresses that are common to both "consoles".

Last edited:
Yes, as I mentioned, you just start moving backwards if possible in the reverse order until you regain control. Of course, if you're like the rest of us, the old setting may be forgotten already ;)
Often these things leave you scratching your head even after you have figured them out. There is always the possibility that something did fail but since settings are "free", it's a good place to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back