Challenge Time!

AlexD

I am here today to propose a challenge to you lighting fanatics!

Discuss the top light being used in this video. What gel is being used?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

SUBMOTION ORCHESTRA - Live at Momo (London) - YouTube

I'm basically just very interested in what gel they are using for their top light, or is just one gel? I think it may be a light purple gel with an open white lantern not sure of the gel number though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the video show the lights at all? I would never hazard a guess from it hitting her hair. I watched seven minutes of very slow, very static video and turned it off. I had no interest in watching 21 minutes and still have no clue.

ye thats pretty much the only view you get :p i just love the music so much :p though mind you about halfway though it dose artistically shake :)

I don't have a problem with the music but I just didn't want to invest 21 minutes into it. :)

Almost impossible to say exact gel or Color Mix from an internet video. Reminiscent of overexposed video with Gam 925. Light quality appears to be similar to a Mac 101. Soft but confined beam with high level of intensity and brilliant and but somehow mired color.

Yes, especially since I was calling their color brilliant, due to saturation, but always somewhat muddy, as per the actual definition of mire, and not referring to the shifting of color balance. Blue looks deep and brilliant, but somehow is just somewhat off. Etc. etc.

While of course it would be very hard to tell the gel number form just her hair, but I'll take a guess. To me, it looks like something similar to Roscolux 47 from the top, and a NC spot from the front. Thats my guess. (I really like 47...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back