Chauvet Slimpar Pro RGBA fixtures for Vectorworks??

Micah

Does anyone know where I can find these? I have 5 Chauvet SlimPar Pro RGBA Fixtures and I am using vectorworks 2015 but can't find these fixtures. I also need the Chauvet Colorband Pix Mini fixture to for it! help anyone?

There are so many new/updated fixtures you will never have a manufacturers built symbol for every unit available.

I recommend using a fairly generic symbol and modifying it, or the instances of it, as needed. That's probably because I learned to draft with pencil templates and lighting symbols were only vague ideas of what a fixture looked like. VW website has a tutorial on making custom light symbols. That will show you how to get all the lighting information to match your units.

Some Chauvet symbols are available in the VSS library and according to this thread should be on Chauvet's website (though I can't find any reference to them anymore).

Last edited:
Symbols for the Chauvet Professional line of fixtures can be found on our website http://www.chauvetlighting.com/chauvet-pro/ scroll all the way to the bottom and there are 2 links in the footer under "Product Manuals and Literature". These include only our Pro series and Trusst line of trussing. We do not have symbols made for the DJ series, which the SlimPar and Colorband fixtures fall under.

So does anyone know a good alternative symbol to use for those two that would have similar output qualities?

You change the output values in the OIP data tab. If you're editing a symbol then make sure nothing is selected and you should see the old values.

Or you can just change them for each (or group) symbol you place. You can change the beam & field and the candelas (CPCP.) Color is by gel so there isn't any color mixing but you can pick an VW color including the gel libraries that you should have as part of Spotlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back