The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Cheap alternative to Rosco colorizers

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Radman, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Radman

Radman Well-Known Member

For the show I am designing we can't afford colorzers but I want texture, so I came up with this solution. I am scribbling on the gels with colored Sharpies! I tested it out today and it works just the way I wanted!

2. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

colorizers.... here's my ignorance showing once again, but what's a colorizer?

3. Radman

Radman Well-Known Member

Basically like a stained glass window in a gobo, except the colors are like crystalized and they overlap and stuff. Or is that prismatics? Check out the Rosco website http://www.rosco.com/

4. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

ah, ok we used one of those (crystalized stuff inside a gobo that spun) a couple of years ago for "The Wiz" i thought it was called something more like prizmatic or something like that... I am looking on that site right now.

Ya, it looks like a colorizer is something similar, but does not necessaraly move like the one we used did (the plastic/glass inside tumbled arround a little when it spun). Thanks!