Christmas light gap?

I'm trying to figure out if I can a shorten Christmas lights, doesn't look good, or b if I can extend wire 5 or 6 feet and continue the strand of lights? If that's not possible do I just duct tape the lights inbetween or will they get hot? Is there a better solution?

What is the light count of the string? MOST 100 light strings are actually two 50 light strings built together (Fifty 2.5 volt lamps together in series). If you notice three wires running together, then only two wires between lamp 50 and 51, and then the three wires begin again, that is where you can break them.

And yes, as long as you keep track of which wire is which, you can extend them.

I've worked with twink lights waaaaaay too much.

How far can I extend the wire between the lights? And I assume that extending one wire at a time would be the best way to not mix them up? Thanks for the help :)

What is the light count of the string? MOST 100 light strings are actually two 50 light strings built together (Fifty 2.5 volt lamps together in series). If you notice three wires running together, then only two wires between lamp 50 and 51, and then the three wires begin again, that is where you can break them.

And yes, as long as you keep track of which wire is which, you can extend them.

I've worked with twink lights waaaaaay too much.

How far can I extend the wire between the lights? And I assume that extending one wire at a time would be the best way to not mix them up? Thanks for the help :)

Not sure how far you can go, I haven't done lengths over a few feet.

The best way to "code" which wire is which is with some electrical tape BEFORE cutting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back