Clay Paky Searchlight?

Hi everyone. There is a huge (!!!) automated moving yoke light I have seen at Disneyland used as a searchlight and for the World of Color show, and also on some concert films (Green Day's Bullet In A Bible DVD). I've been curious as to who makes it, but couldn't find anything on the internet except a YouTube video saying it's made by CP and is 8000 watts. I can't seem to locate the video at the moment. The unit is much larger than any normal sized moving head light and is very squared off.. Any ideas?

The coolest thing about these besides the output is they have color mixing.

I can't be the only person who wants to use these on an indoor show.

I can't be the only person who wants to use these on an indoor show.

TSO tours with syncrolights. But you might not quite consider that "indoor".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSO tours with syncrolights. But you might not quite consider that "indoor".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I was thinking more "300 seat black box" indoor when I read Avery's post...

I think I was thinking more "300 seat black box" indoor when I read Avery's post...

I used the dual 1200 watt lamp super cyc moving head for a dance concert in a 700 seat house once, that seems to be about on the same scale of bad ideas.

I used the dual 1200 watt lamp super cyc moving head for a dance concert in a 700 seat house once, that seems to be about on the same scale of bad ideas.

hehehe... Only good thing I can think about it is you could fry naughty actors/technicians... Course, it would give them an excuse to not be in their light, so perhaps a double edged sword?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back