Clay Paky Zoom 1200

DinoDude

Hello all,

I've got 2 of these units and lots of questions. I've never used or maintained something like this. For starters what I really need is a manual. All I could find online is a brochure. I couldn't find them at all on Clay Paky's website. If anyone knows where to find one that would be very helpful.

My pressing questions about them are:
What size are the gobos? I think the fixed ones are size M and the rotating are G.
Can I use metal gobos in the rotating slots or only glass?
The focus lens on the front is noisy when it moves. I've tried cleaning it but it didn't help. Is there something to lubricate it?
Are parts still available for these should I need them?
Does anyone have any general thoughts or suggestions about them?

I would like to use them for a production of the Wizard of Oz using three Apollo gobos, flying monkeys, evil eyes(for the spooky forest), and cobblestone pathway. Any thoughts on that?
Where in Europe can a get them in the correct size?
Can you get them in a mirror image? Would like on set of monkeys flying left one one flying right.

-Danke

Thanks John that is the exact one. I've ran across that manual. It just seems a little lite considering how complex these fixtures are. I guess by the time you are digging into one of these most people have decades of experience or under the supervision of someone that does.

-Danke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back