Clear Com vs Telex Pin Outs

Esoteric

Hey guys anyone know where I can find the pin outs for Clear Com vs Telex? Other than the pin outs and the connectors (male vs female) is there any other difference between Clear Com and Telex?

Mike

The 4-pin headset connectors are common between both systems, but the 3-pin lines that run from pack to back are different and are not compatable with each other.

The headset pinout is as follows on most Telex and Clearcom compatable headsets:
1 - Mic Ground
2 - Mic Positive
3 - Earpiece Ground
4 - Earpiece positive

Telex trunk wiring for single/ 2 channel ballanced operation:
1 - Ground
2 - Negative
3 - Positive

Clearcom and compatable (Production Intercom, ect) unballanced operation:
1 - Ground
2 - +24V
3 - Signal

I am not transplating a belt pack just a headset, so I could just turn around the headset and use it? That is what I have been seeing.

Mike

Nice answer fx120, but a bit more than was asked for. The information given is important however. I have seen several posts on this forum, that show there is some confusion. Telex's original system and the clear com systems are not compatible as has been indicated by fx120. The confusion comes in that Telex started manufacturing beltpacks that are compatible with clear com and production intercom, right after they purchased clear com. They did the same thing right after purchasing TRS. It is important to know which system a particular Telex beltpack is to be used with.

My headset has a male plug (Clear Com) the belt pack I was going to use it with is Telex (needs a female plug on the headset). Once again, I am not moving belt packs.

I work with multiple churches. About 3/4 have clear-com stations and belt packs. The other 1/4 have Telex. I like to have my own headset (for fit and germ reasons) so I got a male connector to go with clear-com. But I want to use it with Telex as well.

Mike

My headset has a male plug (Clear Com) the belt pack I was going to use it with is Telex (needs a female plug on the headset). Once again, I am not moving belt packs.

I work with multiple churches. About 3/4 have clear-com stations and belt packs. The other 1/4 have Telex. I like to have my own headset (for fit and germ reasons) so I got a male connector to go with clear-com. But I want to use it with Telex as well.

Mike

Clearcom has been using a female connector on the beltpack side since the old blue telephone style headsets and the bulletproof all steel beltpack. I don't think I have ever seen a headset with a male connector on it. Every telex pack I have ever seen has the same setup. Are you positive that you need this and you have a clearcom compatible headset that you are using?

I have heard of beltpacks that need a male 4 pin plug, so the OP's situation is quite plausible.

Yes you just need a gender bender.

If 5 pin is involved, all bets are off. I've seen numerous pinouts - much of the time things like cameras are the curlers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back