Clock for dressing rooms

carsonld

I was running a show at a touring house this weekend and notice they have a system where there are clocks and a countdown located in the crossover, wings, and each dressing room. Then at the SM podium the SM could set a 15 minute timer and the countdown would show up on all of the clocks located backstage. Does anyone have some information on this system? I am building a new SM console this summer and would love to incorporate something like this in it.

RonHebbard

Premium Member
I was running a show at a touring house this weekend and notice they have a system where there are clocks and a countdown located in the crossover, wings, and each dressing room. Then at the SM podium the SM could set a 15 minute timer and the countdown would show up on all of the clocks located backstage. Does anyone have some information on this system? I am building a new SM console this summer and would love to incorporate something like this in it.
@carsonld I've no knowledge of this specific system but try Googling Horita; if you have video monitors in your facility, Horita has, or had, a great many EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE options for inserting real time clocks and up / down timers into your video monitors; You could count down to the beginnings of acts etcetera or up to the end of intervals; many options including some for inserting texts / announcements into your video as well.

A company named ESE was another company specializing in clocks and count down / up timers, primarily for the commercial broadcast industry.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Reactions: JohnD

RonaldBeal

• Love
Reactions: RonHebbard