CM quick connect hooks

Dagger

Anyone have used these?

Can these replace shackles? Inwould see the benefits not having to screw the pin.

Can the hooks use multiple leg slings? ( not exceeding 120 degrees)

Attachments

• 20200304_195256.jpg
    20200304_195256.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 208
Anyone have used these?

Can these replace shackles? Inwould see the benefits not having to screw the pin.

Can the hooks use multiple leg slings? ( not exceeding 120 degrees)
I wouldn't swap these out for shackles. Point gets pulled up but twists, now you've got an unrated gate under load. With the speed of the in it gets missed. They out truss on it, it's fine until they float the whole stick. It comes crashing down.

Little late to the party but for anyone who stumbles across this...these are effectively a carabiner, and both carabiners and hooks are intended for inline load application only. Perfectly safe if so used, but NOT for bridle/multiple legs, not at any angle. As long as these are used as intended - i.e. clip a spanset/sling into the top flat part and then hook whatever SINGLE piece of rigging hardware (shackle/pear ring/carabiner/another sling/etc) to the bottom they should be perfectly safe (It's a CM product after all). DuckJordan's point is well made about side-loading, but that applies to shackles also - these also must be checked once weight is taken and before the load goes out for twisting and side-loading, so I don't see a huge difference in safety if properly used. Still, the time to screw/unscrew a shackle is minimal - these would only really see utility in a situation where you were frequently attaching and disengaging loads - i.e. every few minutes, not once in the morning on load-in and once at night on strike. There's a reason the entertainment industry uses shackles rather than carabiners: for about the same price they're stronger, harder to make fatal mistakes with, more durable, and can handle both inline and bridle loading so are more versatile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back