Cognito console

I am volunteering at a local high school. They have a Cognito lighting board in their black box. They have about 80 circuits which are patched to 12 boxes. All their lighting instruments are six inch Fresnels--no smart lights, etc. The teacher who understood this board is no longer with the district, the present teacher only knows where the on button is, and the students only understand how to pull up and operate the programmed show from last year. I downloaded the manual and watched the videos and still don't know how to operate the board manually. I use a Leprecon LP-1524, myself, but I have programmed an ETC Expressions 3. This board mystifies me, though. Can someone give me enough help to get into manual mode so we can use the lights?

They have a series of training videos on YouTube, hopefully they will be helpful.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi dolphinmother
If you're just wanting slider control of the dimmers 1:1, have a look at this video. Cognito can act just like a 2-scene preset using the Pin.
If you want to record multiple lights into one slider (sub) have a look at this video.

As microstar said (thanx), please contact us either by phone 403-234-8110 or by emailing [email protected]. We'd love to help you.
Or we can continue the discussion here for all to learn. Thank you Control Booth.

Thank you everyone for your prompt responses. I also requested help on the Incognito website and received an email response. I have watched the suggested videos and am still baffled. I am a volunteer and I don't want to become an expert on the Cognito board, but at this point I am beginning to see that what I need to do can't be done without spending a lot more time than I give. At this point I am thinking I will bring in my Leprecon board so we can at least light their show.
Hi dolphinmother
If you're just wanting slider control of the dimmers 1:1, have a look at this video. Cognito can act just like a 2-scene preset using the Pin.
If you want to record multiple lights into one slider (sub) have a look at this video.
As microstar
said (thanx), please contact us either by phone 403-234-8110 or by emailing [email protected]. We'd love to help you.
Or we can continue the discussion here for all to learn. Thank you Control Booth.[/QUOTE

Perhaps we do not understand the task you're trying to accomplish. If the videos, the links to topics in the manual nor our emails helped, please do call us. I am sure we can sort it out.
I think your Brian has helped me figure it out. My cell phone doesn't want to call Canada, and there's no land line in the theater. I think technology has left me far behind, but I am totally impressed with the level of tech support you provide. Thank you so much.

I think your Brian has helped me figure it out. My cell phone doesn't want to call Canada, and there's no land line in the theater. I think technology has left me far behind, but I am totally impressed with the level of tech support you provide. Thank you so much.

If you would still like to chat on the phone you can give us a call 201-549-1160.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back