Colortran ENR schematics or help?

Mike M.

Hi,

I have been searching the web for a schematic for the ENR control module without any luck.

I have 3 of the 12 channel racks. 2 of them will now not turn on due to air flow errors. They are giving airflow errors because they are not spinning the fan. However the problem is with the control module because when I swap for the know good one, the fan spins and the dimmer works fine.

I can't bring the whole dimmer to my shop and I am having trouble identifying the fan driver circuit on the control module pc. I was expecting something like a to220 device that turns the fan on, but there isn't. Perhaps it is just logic level control from the control module.

A schematic would sure help me figure this out. I have to make these dimmers last for just the rest of the year.

Thanks,

Mike

If Steve Short at Lite-Trol can't help you, no one can.

Hi,

I have been searching the web for a schematic for the ENR control module without any luck.

I have 3 of the 12 channel racks. 2 of them will now not turn on due to air flow errors. They are giving airflow errors because they are not spinning the fan. However the problem is with the control module because when I swap for the know good one, the fan spins and the dimmer works fine.

I can't bring the whole dimmer to my shop and I am having trouble identifying the fan driver circuit on the control module pc. I was expecting something like a to220 device that turns the fan on, but there isn't. Perhaps it is just logic level control from the control module.

A schematic would sure help me figure this out. I have to make these dimmers last for just the rest of the year.

Thanks,

Mike
@Mike M. Since you're in Canada, try tracking down Ron Foley at Scene Works in Guelph and / or Chris Mentis via Ron as well.
[email protected] This MAY still be his number: (519) 837-0583 although it's from a decade ago. @Ron Foley
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Ron and Chris are definitely the go-to people in the area for ENR dimmers.

Just to clarify the ENRs are working fine with another fan installed, but will not run a newly installed fan?

because when I swap for the know good one, the fan spins and the dimmer works fine.

Sounds like you changed the fan and it does work. so I wanted to clarify.

I've delt with a number of ENR problems before, with some outside guidance. Typically the sensor is to blame with the ENR dimmers, however you are saying if you apply proper airflow the work fine?

Anyways I have Ron's email as Ronf@ instead of ronfoley@

Hope you sort it out!

Ron and Chris are definitely the go-to people in the area for ENR dimmers.

Just to clarify the ENRs are working fine with another fan installed, but will not run a newly installed fan?

Sounds like you changed the fan and it does work. so I wanted to clarify.

I've delt with a number of ENR problems before, with some outside guidance. Typically the sensor is to blame with the ENR dimmers, however you are saying if you apply proper airflow the work fine?

Anyways I have Ron's email as Ronf@ instead of ronfoley@

Hope you sort it out!
@Dionysus ( @Mike M. ) I understood Mike to say when he swapped his control module for a known good module his existing fans powered up, air flowed, and his dimmers functioned normally. @Ron Foley Have we caught your attention yet?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back