Design "Company" Lighting Help

techno89

Hey ControlBooth.

My name is Scott and I'm 14, an aspiring lighting designer and technician. I currently hold a job at a local theatre as their house technician and sometimes designer. I'm going to be working on a production of company and I wanted to know if anyone had some creative ideas on things I can do to make this show interesting on my part. Just for reference I'm putting a copy of the plot in this post.

Thanks,
Scott

proxy.php

re: "Company" Lighting Help

only thing i would say, is change your Stage Poles to Electric's instead so an example would be

Stage Pole 1 = Electric 1

Also House Pole 1 would be termed Front Of house 1
and House Truss could be left or put as Front of House 2

without seeing how your director has his scene setup or what exactly he wants lit I would say it looks very well done.

The terms would just make it easier to have a crew come in from outside and be able to tell easier what needs to be hung where.

also what do your numbers on some of your lights state, since only a few of them have them and they are doubled at some points?

Can you move any of the lights around or is the plot fixed?

Company isn't a show that calls for anything particularly unusual in lighting terms (lots of scenes in people's living rooms), so I would say you've got a good basic generic plan there. Depending on the director's take on the show, it can go slightly into something a bit surreal at the end - Being Alive - but your production may not do that. It might be worth your while to have a look at the DVD of the revival version (with the wonderful Raul Esparza as Bobby) as it's a brilliant production of the show.

i agree with kiwitechgirl. the revival is excellent all around, from staging to lighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back