Control/Dimming Control from cd 80 rack

Patzmcc

We are running CD80 dimmer racks in our theatre but our board just crashed. I have a show at 7am tommorow that only needs one look. Is the a way to bring up all of my dimmers dirrectly from the dimmer rack without a light board that anyone knows of?

With such a time constraint, you should always just call tech support. They are available 24 hours. Depending on what model you have, you could either panic the rack, or you may have built in presets that you could trigger.

We are running CD80 dimmer racks in our theatre but our board just crashed. I have a show at 7am tommorow that only needs one look. Is the a way to bring up all of my dimmers dirrectly from the dimmer rack without a light board that anyone knows of?

DMX is DMX. So, another solution would be to go to your local music store and pick up a super cheap DMX board. Even a cheap mover board can be used if all you are doing is trying to send a value to all your dimmers. Should be able to get one for ~$150 or less. Don't forget a 3 to 5 adapter as most of the cheap boards use 3 pin XLR.

Example: Chauvet Obey 70 DMX Lighting Controller | GuitarCenter

That one will give you access to channels 1 to 384, which may be enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back