Conversion software

headcrab

What is the best freeware program to convert mp4 video to mpg? We have a bunch of shows recorded as mp4 but I have neither a video editor nor player that supports mp4.

I try to avoid freeware since there are way too many of them out there that contain viruses or spyware. If I were to choose something like that, I'd visit a site like CNET where they have reviews of the various software available for download. Even still, I would more than likely choose a software that offers a free trial that I could then pay for the program later. I just like to keep my computer clean.

What is it that you are recording on in the first place? Doesn't that offer playback?

I record video through a capture card onto my laptop. I didn't think to look if any of my software could edit or play mp4 before I recorded in that format.

VLC allows you to convert video I believe. That's free, PC user has a free one, you can find it here.
Cheers,
Nick

Handbrake converts lots of formats. There's Windows, Mac and Linux versions. I've used it before. No nasty stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back