Cyc lighting...what to choose?

Another option is a set of CS pars with suitable lenses to light the top (wide oval) and bottom (narrow oval) from above.

We demoed the CS Cycs. The dimming was enough to make a grown man weep, but they were not punchy enough for us to get away with just a top row. And being a HS roadhouse with me as the only paid adult in the building I just don't have the capability to maintain a groundrow of $1300 fixtures. I think one day we'll shoot for the Chauvet Ovation batten lights. I did a rental with Elation ColorChoruses and they absolutely rocked the curtain with a single row. If I could find a set of those used I'd push for that in a heartbeat, but it seems that the Ovations are a good facsimile at a lower price and are still being made. I really wanted to like the CS Cycs, but it just wouldn't be the best choice for us. The color reproduction was easily the best I've seen in an LED color mixing fixture though.

Yeah, like I said, we demo'd a number of different fixtures. The CS Cycs, just blew the others out. Colors, smoothness of color distribution, dimming. It is, in a word, awesome! I will admit a single top or bottom row would not be enough light for many applications. I too am a a one man operation. But I felt a top and bottom row is a must with any cyc light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back